Building Motorhome, saying hello and hoping to make friends. (1 Viewer)

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Hi to anyone who takes time to welcome me. I'm looking to build/complete a motorhome to travel the 4600 miles around Great Britain, Ireland then Europe. I have bought an old coach to make into a home to travel new places. Possibly make some friends along the way. Just an introduction for now to any like minded people

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
welcome.jpg

Sounds an interesting project. Look forward to seeing in either in progress or completed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to Fun
Good luck with the build.

Mel & Lieve

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
I have only made one other camper. Learnt from mistakes like in life. I find people who travel in motorhomes are always searching for more than what is offered in life and don't accept the lessor of the two

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! A bus will certainly give you plenty of space, room for a full sized bath even! Good luck with the project.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:welc:Hi Justice welcome to fun, love travelling around the UK so much to discover, a good project you have there, if you look under the forums section scroll down you will find a self build section which may be of use. To get the most out of the forum it's well worth the £10 annual cost, you can often recuperate it with the discounts. Any questions just ask that's what the forum is all about.

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
:welc:Hi Justice welcome to fun, love travelling around the UK so much to discover, a good project you have there, if you look under the forums section scroll down you will find a self build section which may be of use. To get the most out of the forum it's well worth the £10 annual cost, you can often recuperate it with the discounts. Any questions just ask that's what the forum is all about.
I'm happy to contribute. Thanks for the help

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Hi Justice, Good luck for your project, you'll get a lot of help on here, and if its a Coach job, you'll get a lot more advice on RVOC the sister forum of Fun keep us updated(y)

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Hello :hi: Converting your coach sounds interesting, have you got any pics you could show us?
Yes, I have.. I must learn how to show them ...shame on me not knowing :*-(
Hi Justice, Good luck for your project, you'll get a lot of help on here, and if its a Coach job, you'll get a lot more advice on RVOC the sister forum of Fun keep us updated(y)
Many thanks

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
See you have joined J , good to have you aboard lots of forums and sub forums, Fun also (it's new) now has a group thing for people with different hobbies etc. eg,
Running club / diet club /Kayaking lots more if there are of any interest you can join in, (y)

Herman ze German

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
Merc Sprinter self build
Exp
since 2006
Welcome & good luck on your self build Project. Fitting out my sprinter took a year from start to finish just using my spare time ......A coach , hope you have many great friends to help.
When researching mine , a came across a few self build coaches with wood burners fitted as the heating , brilliant

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Welcome & good luck on your self build Project. Fitting out my sprinter took a year from start to finish just using my spare time ......A coach , hope you have many great friends to help.
When researching mine , a came across a few self build coaches with wood burners fitted as the heating , brilliant
Yes I have bought a woodburner! a must I think for wild camping and living. many thanks for your help

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
:welc:

Wow, building your own from a coach, that's interesting. Where on earth do you start to work out what goes where, do you have a template on your computer similar to planning a kitchen? Are there examples you can crib from on line?

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
:welc:

Wow, building your own from a coach, that's interesting. Where on earth do you start to work out what goes where, do you have a template on your computer similar to planning a kitchen? Are there examples you can crib from on line?
I got an app room planner and put in all the sizes, Its a start :)

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Is there a way that I can create an album in my own profile for members to see and follow my build if they wish to. I'm struggling with finding the information where and how? thanks

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Have a look at Recourses on the top dark blue line could find some information there.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Is there a way that I can create an album in my own profile for members to see and follow my build if they wish to. I'm struggling with finding the information where and how? thanks

Would it be possible to do it in a blog, there are facilities for this.

Reactions: DBK
Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Welcome Sounds great best wishes keep us updated jan & mike

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I suggest you could either start it as a blog then just upload pictures and commentary or simply start a new thread. If I was doing it my preference would be as a blog. With a blog comments are shown differently, compared to a normal thread and it doesn't time out so you can revise or add things at any time.

Oops! Carol beat me to it!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome from another self builder (y) I USUALLY SIMPLY START A THREAD AND POSTS PICS ON IT ADDING TO IT AS I GO ALONG and ask for opinions if I cannot make my mind up on things -no need to take any advice it's simply offered free from myself and lots of others on here (y)-
I have a contact for light- weight furniture boards 12 mm =£25 ish and 15 mm =30 ish 3 mm wall/ceiling boards 15 ish :)Prob the cheapest you will find anywhere
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back