sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have been following another thread but thought it would be better to start anew one rather than hijack the OP.
I have little experience with gas, my diesel US RV used gas for the hob only, even the heating (inc water) was diesel, so the large fixed tank lasted forever.
My new Flair in construction has a 2 cylinder gas locker and has Alde gas heating, fridge, and hob, so it will be a more important part of our live aboard life, mostly in the sun I might add. So I would like to know the best way forward in terms of instructing the dealer for installation. I want to have refillable cylinders with auto switch-over, and outside fill point and the ability to use a local cylinder if I am for whatever reason unable to get the refillable's topped off. So what system is the best option to instruct the dealer (German). There is an option for a Truma Duo Control on the N+B list which I have at this time selected, but wonder if this is valid for a refillable system.
Hopefully some good Janet and John's forthcoming?
Michael

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Michael

We have the standard N+B duo control regulators that automatically change over when one bottle runs out, it then displays on the control panel that you are on the reserve bottle.

We also have two Gaslow refillable bottles that were aftermarket fit, if you need to run off a local bottle you can get a flexi pipe that connects to the filler point on the van and then connects to a bottle and uses the vans regulator. The other way is to have a external gas BBQ point installed and then run a local gas bottle with regulator into the external point.

Martin

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The cheapest refillables at the moment are those supplied by Gas-it and are easy to fit, the only 'hard' part is fitting the external filler point as you have to drill a hole in the side of your MH! It not really difficult though but it will test how 'chicken' you are about putting a big hole in the side of your new pride and joy. The rest is no different really to fitting a standard non-refillable gas bottle.

If I was you I'd get a couple of 11kg refillables from Gas-it along with the rest of the bits needed and get it done later unless the dealer is willing to do it for you FOC - I think that buying a similar kit in Germany will be as cheap as accessories tend to be quite a bit more expensive out there.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
The cheapest refillables at the moment are those supplied by Gas-it and are easy to fit, the only 'hard' part is fitting the external filler point as you have to drill a hole in the side of your MH! It not really difficult though but it will test how 'chicken' you are about putting a big hole in the side of your new pride and joy. The rest is no different really to fitting a standard non-refillable gas bottle.

If I was you I'd get a couple of 11kg refillables from Gas-it along with the rest of the bits needed and get it done later unless the dealer is willing to do it for you FOC - I think that buying a similar kit in Germany will be as cheap as accessories tend to be quite a bit more expensive out there.
I'm going to get the dealer to do that, while I am NOT watching. Is the filler point plumbing standard (I know about the fill adapters I have a bag of them from the RV) for German and UK install?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi Michael

We have the standard N+B duo control regulators that automatically change over when one bottle runs out, it then displays on the control panel that you are on the reserve bottle.

We also have two Gaslow refillable bottles that were aftermarket fit, if you need to run off a local bottle you can get a flexi pipe that connects to the filler point on the van and then connects to a bottle and uses the vans regulator. The other way is to have a external gas BBQ point installed and then run a local gas bottle with regulator into the external point.

Martin
Thats pretty much what I want to do, the question is having the German dealer do something that enables (a) them/me to check the the systems and (b) give me gas for the return trip, when I can get Gaslow or another installed. I did plan to spend a couple of days near the dealer living/testing before 'ammering back to the UK.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Would I need 2 of these Andy? And would they fit a German bottle as a temporay until I get back?
Yes you would need one for each bottle. I don't know what Germany use but it is more likely to be 21.8 butane rather than POL.
I would not put too much faith in the quality of work by German dealers. Mine had jobs done by the first owner that were well below acceptable standard. Also if you later have problems with it? a trip back to Germany.
Surely an install at Vanbitz far more local would make sense?
Cornish farm, Cornwall yes?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
buy one of these testers/sniffers than you can attempt any LPG DIY with confidence...would not be without one

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back