Nov 19, 2007
Spain - Throughout
Funster No
MH
7.5t conversion
Exp
1 year
Hi All

Does anyone have any experience with motorhomes on The island of Ibiza :helpsos:

We are struggling to find any campsites which will give enough info on whether they can take our 28ft'er with min req'd space 80m2.

Do you know which ferries are the best / cheapest and from where ??

Cheers all:thanks2:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I have a friend who lives on the island,, and he moans like hell because it costs him £250. one way for a small car and 2 adults & 2 children.. :cry:

I can check with him and ask if there are any campsityes, if you like..:Smile:

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
I have heard that it is cheaper to sail from France rather than Spain to the Balearics :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hereford bull

Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
HEREFORD
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
6 YRS
There used to be a small site at the one end of es cana near the ice factory dodnt know how you would check it out though

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi google is your friend here: Link Removed
says theirs 7 in all

Olley

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi All

Does anyone have any experience with motorhomes on The island of Ibiza :helpsos:

We are struggling to find any campsites which will give enough info on whether they can take our 28ft'er with min req'd space 80m2.

Do you know which ferries are the best / cheapest and from where ??

Cheers all:thanks2:

Have to excuse my mates language,, but this is his reply regarding ferries and suitable MH campsite.. I just said I had a friend who was thinking of coming to the island with a M/H, and this was his reply..
Hope this helps. :thumb:
..................................................................................................................................

Hi Maurice,

No sweat mate, it sure as hell ain't cheap to bring a motorhome over here, can't tell you how much but for me to cross from Ibiza to Denia in my Berllingo with 2 people at Xmas was with my 60% islanders discount nearly 400€.
It is a monopoly controlled by Balearic ferries the fckn brstds, tell your mate to look them up on the internet he can also book on there as well.
It is a bit cheaper on the overnight but nothing like our ferries to france.
The only camp site that I know of is Cala LLonga, if you want I'll try and find out for you but it doesn't open until Easter earliest.

..................................................................................................................................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tony Nugent

Tony Nugent

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Spain - Throughout
Funster No
MH
7.5t conversion
Exp
1 year
Ibiza

Thank you all for your replies, they have been most helpful :thumb:

We have found the Balearia ferries from Denia to be around 400 - 500 euro's return. (28ft long and 12ft height) with 2 adults and 1 child depending on dates and whether you would like the facility to change dates.

and we found that there are 7 campsites on the Island with the link that Olley posted being the best way to access all there websites
We emailed the website with the question of large bringing large motorhomes to the island and which campsites would accomodate us and this is the reply;

Thank you for contacting Ibiza 4 all.
Large motorhomes you do not see on Ibiza,
Simply because the roads are not safe for them.

Ibiza has a few roads where you could drive your motorhome, but the islands major beauty experience is found in driving the mountainsroads along the coast.
These roads are not for your motorhome.

I know there are campsites on the island where you can camp yours. The best way to find out is to call them or the tourist offoce.

Open all year:
- Camping Florida Can Martina
address: Punta Arabi, 7840 Santa Eulalia des Riu,
Tel.: +34 971 33 16 98, Fax: 971339903 Tel.: +34 971 33 16 98, Fax: 971339903

the others you can find in our website

tourist information office
CONSELL INSULAR D'EIVISSA
Av. d'Espanya, 49 · 07800 Eivissa
Tel. 971 19 59 00
www.conselldeivissa.es

I hope this will help you to find the answer to your question.

I wish you a nice stay on beautiful Ibiza.

with kind regards

Yasha
webmaster Ibiza 4 all

We also blanket emailed all the campsites and apart from telling us that the sites weren't open until March - May, none really metioned whether we could fit the truck in or not !!:Doh:

I conclusion it would appear that the island doesn't really get going until easter or later and that once on the island there is no wild camping (legally) so its a case of find a campsite and stay there. As previously mentioned we as yet can't get any info out of the campsites as to whether or not larger vehicles are accepted.

again many thanks for all the replies

Tony
::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back