New member from across the North See. (1 Viewer)

Fiwo

Free Member
Jan 19, 2015
Norway
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie, but lots of years in a caravan
Hello everyone.

We are Finn and Britt from Norway, new to this Forum and pretty new to MH.
We have been doing Scandinavia and many countries in Europe in several caravans, but changed to MH in 2013.

We really like to explore and hopefully we are planning a trip to GB in Autumn 2015 or spring/summer og 2016.
I am sure there will be plenty of good tips on this Forum! :):):)

Kind Regards
Finn ad Britt

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Welcome to the Fun Fiwo.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi and welcome from East Sussex :welc:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We really like to explore and hopefully we are planning a trip to GB in Autumn 2015 or spring/summer og 2016.
Finn ad Britt

I wonder what you want to see ? We dream of Scandinavia and the scenery you have but are frightened by prices.

Here we don't have anything like your scenery but we do have plenty of old relics, our main storeroom of these relics is called Buckingham Palace plus overflow stores at Windsor, Balmoral and Sandringham.

So tell us what you want to see and we'll certainly confuse you. We confuse like no other forum known to man.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome to the fun from Sunny Devon, maybe you can bring your trip forward to August and come visit us at the Ilfracombe Rally.

OP
OP
Fiwo

Fiwo

Free Member
Jan 19, 2015
Norway
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thank you guys for kind regards!

I'm sure you will enjoy Scandinavia for its scenary and (mostly) kind People. But the prices are a bit stiff regarding to what you are used to in GB.

We have been travelling in England, Ireland and Wales in both rented cars and our own private cars - using B&B or hotels.
But since we now are retired we would like to og by MH, and very much the whole way up to Scotland.
But, we would certainly try to visit any Rally that might correspond with our plans - and the Ilfracombe Rally looks great! ;)

Sorry for the bad spelling - I'm not so used to English Language....

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Take the ferry to Newcastle and turn right, best scenery in the UK. Up through Northumberland, on to Scotland and Edinburgh then head west and up the west coast of Scotland. You will not be disappointed.

Welcome!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
welcome!:) Not been to Finland but have been up to Sweden 3 times :love: Scandinavia.....

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We have been travelling in England, Ireland and Wales in both rented cars and our own private cars - using B&B or hotels.
But since we now are retired we would like to og by MH, and very much the whole way up to Scotland...

There is nothing to stop you, I live near Manchester so I don't consider Scotland far, the longest you can drive is only 900 miles top to bottom.

All I can think of to say is we do not have the number of camping sites to cope with the demand during the main school summer holidays so you may have to be flexible where to go and be prepared for a Plan B. And do not travel on our Bank Holidays when we Brits love to spend 10 hours in a traffic jam to sit for 3 hours on a crowded beach.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
hi and welcome from Bonnie Scotland, we visited your beautiful country last summer and fell in love with it which I'm sure you'll do the same with mine.
Feel free to ask anything you will get loads of help on here.

OP
OP
Fiwo

Fiwo

Free Member
Jan 19, 2015
Norway
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi, and thank's again for many positive replies!

My MH is a 2010-model Fendt on Fiat chassi, about 7,10m long.

We are going a trip to Italy mid april, but will surely go to GB later.
I think the Ferry to Newcastle is closed, and even the Ferry from Denmark to Harwich. So we have to og to Netherland ore France - is there any of the ferries that is preferable?

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
  • Hei og velkommen I have been to Norway many time on business never on pleasure. I am sure you will find a lot of good advise on here. My first tip is take the Eurotunnel, much faster and convenient. 2nd go to york, there is a great campsite near the centre of town. Loads more advise if you let us know what you want to see.
  • Coops

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
welcome.jpg

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
welcome, be prepared to give as much advice to us about Norway as you need about our own country, Norway and Scandanavia is on most peoples to do list, mine included :)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
:welc:

I hope you love us bunch of nutters as much as I love the Finns ( or is it Fins?). It's one country I would love to visit more than any other.

You gave us Linus Torvalds:nerd: and Kimi Räikkönen:rock: .

I hope your tour of the UK is enjoyable :)

Thank you (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back