Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
OK I'm looking for a van to full time in and have fallen in love with these. Anyone have any experience of them that could put me off :LOL:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I think that's the one that @beerdrinker1 has ... and if so it is BEAUTIFUL inside. He is really pleased with it. Not sure if he will see this post so I have tagged him and hopefully he will come along and help. :)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Howie and Kath have one - but theyre in Portugal! (...and having one or two probs with the van!)

Nice vans - we like them too.
Can pick faults, but then you can with anything!
They changed fom 08 to 10 plate with a different design, the 10 plate onwards are more 'bling' !
Travelworld, Elite, SMC Newark and Southdowns all have some for sale! (I know - I bin looking lately!) Not getting our new Dethleffs now - FT insurance was £4760!!! Aiming at max 75k to keep the insurance manageable!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We have one. Bought it nearly a year ago now and love it. It's a 2010 3 litre 160 BHP 6 speed. Plenty of space great heating system (alde) good size garage, good payload, two king sized beds the list goes on.
Would recommend highly.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I prefer the older version because it's just a bit shorter but...........

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I love them. Would have bought one 2 years ago if the dealer hadn't offered such a lousy px on my Aviano.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
My previous van was a 2005 Elegance 821. Good winterisation, good payload, good-sized oven, very spacious shower room, Alde heating. IMO, best years for layout and solid construction were 2005/2006. After that they went to thinner wood fittings and less useful layout (for me, anyway). The hab door and single cab door tended to be draughty - and the gas drop-out vents in the door well were another source of draughts. Both beds were large and comfy but the one over the cab was hardly ever used other than for storage. Having thought that as a fulltimer I must have a large garage for storage, I soon discovered that I didn't really need it and much prefer the huge 'larder' cupboard inside my current van (Hobby Toskana 750). That way I have easy access to everything I need on a regular basis. I also prefer the lower French bed to a high bed over a garage.

Having said that - if my 821 hadn't been lifted badly by a certain dealership resulting in the setting up of an incurable vibration, I would no doubt still have it. If you happen to be looking at a 55-plated van, send me a PM and I'll tell you a registration plate to avoid.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
It's a great space, however, it us a long van. Depends on where you want to go with it?

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
How you finding life in a Euro after the RV ?

The RV you could not fault for space, double slide etc, loved driving it, a lot of sites we wanted to go could not because they would not take them although the Burstner is still 30 ft long we can go to them. But our bank balance would not allow us to use as much as we wanted to. The Burstner is for us a much more practical unit.

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi Clive. We recently bought our 821. It's a 2008. Plated at 5000kg. Absolutely love it. Ok, it's longer than our last one 7.5mtr. But the additional space is amazing. Good luck on your choice.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Looked at them several times including one yesterday.

A very nice van indeed.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Hi Clive

You can buy ours! It's a lovely MH and as others have said no matter what MH you buy it will always have plus and minus points. We are looking to change to an island bed as the transverse bed, although comfortable, means that who ever is on the inside needs to climb over who ever is on the outside. Plenty of living space in the lounge and the kitchen has a lot of work top space - something that is usually scarce in MH's

We have adapted the garage for our dogs and it is really spacious if you are thinking of full timing.

Issues - the hartle doors - the hab door needs constant adjustment depending on heat/cold. The cab doors are difficult to open from the inside.

The length of the van is not an issue and we have not had a problem getting in sites. However with the twin axles on the back manoeuvring can be tight as they tend to drag - it's much easier to reverse into tight spaces than drive in.

Kath

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
You are right about the doors, why some are so troublesome doesn't do the rest of it justice. There was a problem with water ingress above the rear bed on some due to the rear panel seam to roof joint. I met an owner at Tyne Valley Motorhomes who had returned his new motorhome and was having the rear panel removed and resealed after being woken with water dripping on them whilst in bed. They were given a courtesy car to go home in. They were far from happy.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
The RV you could not fault for space, double slide etc, loved driving it, a lot of sites we wanted to go could not because they would not take them although the Burstner is still 30 ft long we can go to them. But our bank balance would not allow us to use as much as we wanted to. The Burstner is for us a much more practical unit.

Exactly the same as us the. We loved our Rvs but use the tag Hymer so much more we've never regretted changing for one second.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back