MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Our job today is to move this hedge back and knock the wall down for easier access.

I'll try and post pics as we go..

The new Hymer is wider and at the moment we scrape the neighbours hedge, (cutting it back is not an option).

We are hoping to leave the first 2 courses so we don't have to muck about with new block paving until the spring.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Leave it until warmer weather :DJust tell Martin to be careful going in and out ;):Dor else :LOL:
terry

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
When I saw that you had bought the Hymer, my very first thought was your "It's too tight" thread from Nov 13 - so much so that I went & re-read it.

Shame about next door's hedge. Even if you don't own it, you probably have the right to trim anything that hangs over your boundary. I believe you must give them the trimmings back though!

I can understand that you may not wish to make relations any worse than they may already be.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Do it pronto ! My drive is a tight squeeze due to traffic parked across from me, always managed to reverse in with a bit of shuffling, then last summer, after having the van for 3 years, I scraped the side on our gatepost :mad: I must have got a bit complacent, but it certainly takes the shine off your day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
What about just taking the pillars down meantime and see how it goes
Hi Dawn, was also going to say this. Just having this extra little 'turning' point could make such a difference .. I found that with my trike into an awkward garage entrance. Then all you would need to do is lift a couple of feet of lawn and re do THAT section when Spring arrives with paving. Enjoy. x

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
The pillar was moved last year 9 feet out it's the tight corner into the narrow lane that creates the problem.

Just popped in for a quick lunch. Going well, all beech trees out and transplanted into holding beds in the rear garden. First trench dug and most of wall knocked down. Pics to follow later.

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Whew what a day, it's amazing what a bit of graft achieves.

Hedge out and replanted in temporary beds, time for a tea break.

image.jpg
image.jpg

The only part of the day Harry enjoyed..taking a sledge hammer to the wall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
lovely soil, gardens must do well. Leave the two courses of bricks and add a grass verge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We got the same access problem, Narrow road outside, narrow drive tween the two houses (have to take a mirror in to get thro) Then the top of the drive we had to carve a fillet off the Facia to give us an inch of clearance to get thro.
Really must admit, that "Darlings" :notworthy2:flapping of hands, grimaces, and "OMG"s hands over face :doh:gets us thro unscathed every time :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back