Milenco Security Hand Rail Frame Mounting Kit (1 Viewer)

RogueStorm

Free Member
Jan 8, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Compass 740
Exp
Three years, Western West Europe 2015, Eastern West Europe (and some Western East Europe) 2016.
I was recently given a Broken Link Removedas my wife needs an external rail to get in and out of our van. Not having the requisite space inside to bolt it directly to the wall I needed to purchase a Broken Link Removed. The kit has three instructions on the box that it came in, there are no other instructions and it looks simple enough;
  1. Bolt the hand rail to the mounting kit - Done that.
  2. Bolt the mounting kit to the frame of the door (including a bit of mastic) - In Limbo
  3. What looks to be two screws/bolts going through the camper body into the mounting kit.
It's the third instruction that's worrying me as I have no idea where to put those bolts. The Milenco web site has a video where the instructor simply says, sic "As a security touch, there's a final screw that goes in from behind the unit".

There are no holes in the kit in which to screw these bolts.

Can anyone help please?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've not fitted a handle but I did fit a Frame Mounting Lock to our van and the fitting of the Frame Mounting Kit looks similar as far as the two main screws go (into the frame).
Looking at the Fitting Instructions and Instructions for Mounting Kit on the Milenco web site Broken Link Removed, it appears to me that the procedure is:
1. Bolt the two Frame Kit pieces onto each end of the Security Hand Rail using 4 bolts each.
2. Screw the complete assembly onto the door frame using two screws at each end as shown into the video.
3. At each end drill a hole (or two holes? not clear) from the back of the door frame and into the Security Hand Rail base such that screws (self tapping?) can be screwed into the base.

The video and photos could certainly do with being a bit clearer and it might be worth giving Milenco a ring on 01908 220102 to both check and to suggest more clarity.

OP
OP
RogueStorm

RogueStorm

Free Member
Jan 8, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Exp
Three years, Western West Europe 2015, Eastern West Europe (and some Western East Europe) 2016.
Thanks Graham, I'll give them a call in the morning. Drilling a hole through the campervan wall was not something I anticipated especially as I'd bought the door frame mounting kit. I guess, if the metal of the mounting kit is not too tough it might be feasible but I could think of other ways to do it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks Graham, I'll give them a call in the morning. Drilling a hole through the campervan wall was not something I anticipated especially as I'd bought the door frame mounting kit. I guess, if the metal of the mounting kit is not too tough it might be feasible but I could think of other ways to do it.
The third hole surprises me as well. I used a Frame Lock on our van because the fridge is in the way. I would have to look but I'm not sure there would be room for a third hole for the Security Handle fitting.

OP
OP
RogueStorm

RogueStorm

Free Member
Jan 8, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Exp
I have about an inch, possibly a little more, between the edge of the door and the fridge so it could work. If your unit is flush with the door then no hope. Put my hat scarf and gloves on and have a look tomorrow morning.

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back