Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
We're hoping to go to the New Forest again toward the end of March, assuming Mrs Simon's health problems don't recur between now and then.
Are we better off booking now, or is it likely there'll still be plenty of room at that time of year if we leave it closer to the time to book?

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Setthorns was our favourite site,always room when we turned up,then.... waited.. the wife came back..."Their full !" We did find another very nice CL,behind a Stables/riding school,just down the road from Setthorns towards Brockenhurst.
I would say,"Book it". We were there last year and the number of.Seasonal Vans had to be seen to be believed,these are filling pitches all season so there are less available for the tourers. So if you want to arrive,get booked in,set up then just walk off into a woodland paradise...... Book. .
Tea Bag.
PS. Say "Hello" to squirrel Nutkin for me and if you go a quiet walk just before dusk,you can sometimes stand face to face with a Deer and try to read each others thoughts...magic.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We were there in December and although there weren't a lot there, it was quite full because the ehu had died on the higher bits. I would recommend booking if you can as there are few alternatives if they are full.
The cl by the riding place is fine, but prone to flooding and there's been an awful lot of rain lately.

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
Thanks all. I think we'll book now. Looking forward to it a lot, just from reading the reviews.

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Was in Brockenhurst on Tuesday..............Yup, it was WET !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Was the strange little woman selling the Big Issue still standing outside Tesco?

didn't notice her...............those folk that were on the street, weren't hanging about..........and the ford at the end of the high street was 'interesting'..........:whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back