green flag for same cover whats your thoughs on greenflag

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I looked at a variety of options in early Dec, when my AA was up for renewal. I settled on a FlexPlus account with NationWide inc "free" euro recovery (upto 7.5T/8m although their website was giving different info), "free" worldwide travel insurance plus other "packaged deals". It costs £10per month (so £120 pa) BUT pays 3% interest on the first £2.5k in your account (worth approx £70 pa).

I don't normally like paying for financial packages, but it seemed a no-brainer - Gordon

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I looked at a variety of options in early Dec, when my AA was up for renewal. I settled on a FlexPlus account with NationWide inc "free" euro recovery (upto 7.5T/8m although their website was giving different info), "free" worldwide travel insurance plus other "packaged deals". It costs £10per month (so £120 pa) BUT pays 3% interest on the first £2.5k in your account (worth approx £70 pa).

I don't normally like paying for financial packages, but it seemed a no-brainer - Gordon

How many days can you be away in Europe on one trip? BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
How many days can you be away in Europe on one trip? BUSBY.

That is the thing that many of us need to know. No good quoting the cost as this is only part of the problem for us, we don't want the cheapest we want to be covered while away for a long trip. Most of these so called free deals don't give cover for long trips or cover older funsters.

OP
OP
norrie14

norrie14

Free Member
Apr 24, 2011
glasgow
Funster No
MH
roller team
Exp
as i dont go abroad just uk and wondering if greenflag was any
good as i can think of better things to spend the differance on

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

I have only heard good things about Green Flag so if they suit you I'm sure they will be as good as anyone. They just don't do what we want.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Sadly, NationWide's website is still displaying the previous T&Cs, but I have discussed this with LV - Britannia Rescue who provide the cover and they say "all is well" as far as the weight/type definitions are concerned (NW "excludes motorhomes"). Their policy document is available at

http://www.lv.com/assets/gi/pdfs/britannia/9966-9967-9968-combined.pdf

I cannot spot a time limit but if someone wants to give LV-BR a ring, I'd be interested in the answer - Gordon

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Green flag is ok providing you dont breakdown in the north of scotland i broke down in january south of elgin at around 10am it was 4pm before i got assistance.They said they couldent get anyone to respond.

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
Green flag is ok providing you dont breakdown in the north of scotland i broke down in january south of elgin at around 10am it was 4pm before i got assistance.They said they couldent get anyone to respond.

I broke down in the same area 3 years ago with my old Talbot coachbuilt and the green flag were with me in less than an hour and recovered me back to lincolnshire. It was a long trip though!

I have used this cover quite a few times and the service has been great.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back