Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Morning, incoming query from man with zero technical skills

This is really odd, but I hope somebody else has had similar or recognises the symptoms

We have a sat dome and currently being parked up in Durness have really appreciated not having a standard dish which I would not have put up

The problem

I had noticed some signal problems, but presumed that was still down to the wind, until today

Put TV on in bed, the TVs are satellite only if it helps, perfect picture, came down to lounge end and put other TV on same channel, perfect picture, realised I had left bedroom TV on and turned off, immediately lost lounge picture with loss of signal. Turned bedroom back on lounge OK again

I have noticed that when sat in lounge when I lost signal I checked the sat input lead and when touching it improved or restored signal

So even I have realised the cable is the key, but what might be wrong with it? everything seems to be tight enough, anybody got anything simple I should try?

Leaving other TV on is not the end of the world, but there must be a better solution

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The inner cable in the coax can easily "slide" . Causing a poor connection.
Especially with screw on F plugs.
Turn off power and re-do the "F" plug...
Try that first...

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
What make dome do you have? and are you using a digi box? or is the sat reciever built into the TV?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
What make dome do you have? and are you using a digi box? or is the sat reciever built into the TV?

Its a Maxview, with what I presume to be a separate box but part of the package marked up Maxview as well, we can have different programs on the TVs that was part of the set up so I guess it must be through a box

Sorry about idiot level of knowledge

Try that first...

I have done a bit of tightening up, but did it before reading about turning off power first!! survived though. Cable goes through a 90 degree connector, looked like the top entry fitting was loose I hadn't noticed that, I had only checked the bit going into the TV

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Quick realease and 90% connectors are the cause of "most" RF problems. Try removing the connector and try again

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
Try that first...

'F' plugs? I have my own idea what the F stands for - Effing! So I replaced all mine with F to BNC adapters. That solved some re-curring problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
'F' plugs? I have my own idea what the F stands for - Effing! So I replaced all mine with F to BNC adapters. That solved some re-curring problems.

I used to love em...... £20 call out just to re-fit an "F" plug :) (y)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
is there any logic though for why both TV's work correctly when both on, but the lounge one not on its own?

I do think it seems to be much improved since I tightened both ends of the 90 degree connector in the lounge

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We have the maxview dome, we have received channels ok, last used Valentine weekend, tried using it in Dorset last weekend, and it took a while to search, then got some channels.
It worked Saturday sfternoon, but could not receive any channels Saturday night, we were on Astra 28e.
Is there anything we could try to receive channels again, any help appreciated

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back