three feel at home spain hoorraaaayyyyyy. (1 Viewer)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Don't know if it has been posted before but that is good news. (y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yes a couple of threads...be aware thethering not allowed on these plans when traveling. reason being, agreements with three partners who's service you are using in those countries....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Yes a couple of threads...be aware thethering not allowed on these plans when traveling. reason being, agreements with three partners who's service you are using in those countries....
Does a MIFI router class as tethering?

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I ve been using a 3g dongle on three feel at home without problems, in UK and France.

coverage was excellent - no unbelievable - when you think how bad three used to be.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thats OK but we are going in February and home at the start of April, might get a PAYG 3 data sim for the iPad for France.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi

No a MIFI does not count as tethering.

A MIFI is a mini router and is designed to provide the same function as your router at home except it uses a Data only Sim specifically for connecting to the internet but does not have the facility to make calls or text. A mobile phone sim does not work in a MIFI as far as I know and a MIFI sim does not work in a phone. They are smaller than a packet of fags and you could walk around with it in your pocket whilst surfing the net.

You can connect more than 1, maybe not more than 5 at the same time, laptops or tablets wirelessly to the MIFI. I have noticed when using my 3 MIFI in France my Tmobile phone will not connect to the MIFI wirelessly if I wanted to try and use the Data allowance on the MIFI do a little surfing on my phone.

Like anything associated with the Mobile phone system a MIFI like a phone relies on the availability of a signal. We used ours in France and got a very workable signal about 70% or more of the times we tried. You must remember that France is 3 times the size of the UK and very rural and we Motorhomers do often stopover in some quite remote places. We were impressed and are pleased to hear that 3 are including Spain in the "Feel at Home" facility i April. There are limitations however on the 3 phones and WIFI's in that the "Feel at Home" deal is designed for holidays and the odd business trips. If you stay away for 2 months they may cut you off until you return to the UK.

Hope this info is useful.

Doug

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back