rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
It looks like some ones head is going to roll, another bolt has snapped on the Cheesegrater building. They must weigh the best part of 3 kilos each maybe more. It's a good job the Humber bridge had all it's bolts de-embrittled before it was built. Every one that was made had to be certified by the British Bridge Building Corporation before they could be used.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Well that just goes to show you that google are better at search than most people.

I just did a search on the BBC news website for cheese grater. couldn't find the article. Searched on google and it came in first place and pointed me to.... you guessed it.... The BBC news website.

Only 2997 bolts left to fall off....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Let's hope they get on the right tack to sort it out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
3 bolts failed, how many more on the verge of going, looks like a dangerous design flaw to me, pull it down before someone gets killed.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
There was a good program on it's construction on TV not long ago, very entertaining but failed to mention it falling apart. It's construction was unusual due to location and no room for a conventional building site so it was built off site and shipped in in pieces. They claimed the wedge was so as not to obstruct a view of St Paul's.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back