Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
well my late christmas present finally arrived today..very pleased to say the least. Front and rear suspension, with a strong rack which is unusual in a full suspension bike. German quality, it is a Riese & Muller Delite mountain :)

I thought my Haibike was nice but this in a different league..On some local rough unadopted roads I can fly along in comfort, so much fun, will be great on tracks etc....
It has latest Bosch performance motor, a little more power than my Bosch powered Haibike, but its the overall quality feel of the bike that is entirely different..Well chuffed but skint:giggle:

Broken Link Removed

t7bpc5.jpg

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Wow nice bit of kit Im jealous would love to get it out in the woods and tracks around here.

My next one will be more like yours. Just completed my first 1000 miles on mine 90% off road, loving it and getting fitter all the time.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Question. Why has the saddle been replaced with a Stanley Knife blade?? o_O

its a Selle Italia SLS, about as comfortable as you can get. if you think enormous saddles the way to go you are mistaken...suggest you read up on saddle geometry :)

http://sheldonbrown.com/saddles.html

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
its a Selle Italia SLS, about as comfortable as you can get. if you think enormous saddles the way to go you are mistaken...suggest you read up on saddle geometry :)

http://sheldonbrown.com/saddles.html

Broken Link Removed

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: Suggest you see the size of my wife's ar**!! If she sat on that, it would look like John Wayne's saddlebags from the back! It would take me a good week to have the saddle surgically removed! It was bad enough when her bum swallowed a whole waltzer seat at the fair, complete with the guy who spins it! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Very nice.

The saddle links are good - and saddles for men and women are also quite different. I found after I'd had a baby I needed a different saddle... all to do with anatomy of course.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Suggest you see the size of my wife's derriere

thats what you think..but its wrong. my wifes a road cyclist and went for a saddle fitting and ended up with a Selle italia as well, its all to do with narrower saddles not rubbing etc..., heres another site to help explain:)

its an easier read than Sheldons excellent site :

Broken Link Removed

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I had a saddle fitting - it's the only way really. The saddle that would be ideal for me doesn't exist but the one I have is very comfortable. Much better than the one that came with the bike. A decent cut out for the tail bone and plenty of support at the ahhhhhh rear but narrow where it needs to be.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
IF ONLY!! If that was MY WIFE, do you really think I would be spending all day typing stuff on the site?? :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
Yes, you'd need a rest now and again - and something to do when she was out at work earning the money to keep the van on the road.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Wow nice bit of kit Im jealous would love to get it out in the woods and tracks around here.

My next one will be more like yours. Just completed my first 1000 miles on mine 90% off road, loving it and getting fitter all the time.

cheers :) love your avatar comment, "2 wheels move the soul". you either get it or you don't I guess!lol

My mate telling me today about new studies that reveal that both cycling and skiing improve basically everything. Not just physical health ( I have lost loads of weight as well) but your mind/brain function as well. As the amounts of decisione you have to make while cycling (synapse and all that stuff) and can lead to you being mentally more tuned and as well as physically....at the end of the day its just so much fun and ebiking turns it back into a pleasure when hills become hard work...def feel younger!

have not seen the article yet, but found this:

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/recreation/article/ww-Wise-Words---Cycling-and-Health-0

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
That looks a nice bike @Judgemental (y)

As a matter of interest do electric bikes have the ability to re charge the battery either when pedalling or when braking (BMW style) ?

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
That looks a nice bike @Judgemental (y)

As a matter of interest do electric bikes have the ability to re charge the battery either when pedalling or when braking (BMW style) ?

some do..but not mine, don't think it's that successful really. you need weight for the science to work properly I think..A fright train downhilling/braking would store plenty of energy, but a bike? Anyway it would add resistance so only useful downhill....

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Very nice looking bike
We bought VOLT ebikes after hiring them in Switzerland.
They make cycling much more fun
Enjoy !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back