LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Well we've been together for over a year now, I first met you in Wales on a chilly November day, you'd just had a wash, your body gleaming in the weak wintery sun. I have to admit though it wasn't your looks that drew me to you, I may be shallow but your Mercedes automatic engine was a dream to drive. I remember the first time you came to my house, nervously wondering if you'd fit in. You sat awkwardly outside the front door but we made do. Our first few months were a whirlwind of trips, I took you to places you'd never been before. France was amazing, you loved it there, a country that you felt really welcomed you in, all your needs so easily met with aires and mostly for free. Oh how we laughed...

Never forget all the wonderful Motorhome Fun friends we've made, you stood steady in the wind and rain of Ilfracombe, were kept up late at haggers do, watched me get tipsy at Malvern, I bought you presents at the bring and buy, but even then I was thinking our relationship was a mistake, you didn't give me the things I needed. I know, I know it's hard to hear and honestly it's not you, it's me, I just want more. I'm so sorry I'm breaking up with you, but we can still be friends. I'm sure you will go on to meet somebody else, someone who will really cherish you. You will always be special to me, because you were my first and if we pass in the street, I'll wave but sadly I'm saying, farewell old friend.

Autosleeper Northants now sold

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
did you have to remind me of the bad weather. First time we have ever had bad weather at a meet.I trust you will join us again this year, maybe you would like to arrange the fishing?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hello Hymer,
I first saw your picture on the internet, I was swept away by your Germanic good looks, you looked rugged, solid and very big. I read your profile, we shared a lot of the same interests, you like to travel, so do I. You are happy to park up in a beautiful place and just chill, so do I. Walks on the beach, yeah baby, candlelight dinners, your extremely large table looks made for it. I was captivated by your extras, your self levelling jacks kept me awake at night, Efoy generator and hab aircon..you were ticking all my boxes, you seemed too good to be true, huge garage and payload, 4 seat belts...I had to have you.

We arranged to meet up, I spent a week worrying, were those pictures of you taken years ago? Had you been mistreated in a previous relationship? What it some of you didn't work? I hate to admit I even wondered if you were damp.
And then I saw you in that undercover storage garage, freshly polished, my heart skipped a beat, you were beautiful. I stepped inside and fell in love with you. You are a southpaw but I can get used to that, you put function over form, but no small detail has been overlooked. You are as solid and well built as your pictures suggest, I love your Merc auto and I can't wait to try your fixed bed.
You are mine and I am yours, let the adventures begin..

https://plus.google.com/photos/1050...876720223037238770&oid=105070298944455317271-

image.jpg

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
very nice Martin & Dawn.

Could you let me know how many it holds for a party?

I think we could get at least 4 in the garage.

enjoy the last motorhome that you are ever going to buy, (as said by martin ;-)

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
very nice Martin & Dawn.

Could you let me know how many it holds for a party?

I think we could get at least 4 in the garage.

enjoy the last motorhome that you are ever going to buy, (as said by martin ;-)

Not sure if it will beat your 14 Paul but I'm willing to try, Martins right it's a keeper, although watch out for all the posts asking how everything works....seller was Polish!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Dawn and Martin

Guess you bought it then.

Want the guided tour sometime.

Enjoy

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Dawn and Martin

Guess you bought it then.

Want the guided tour sometime.

Enjoy

Hullo, yes on Sunday, been cleaning and smiling ever since.. Never used to understand when people said they Loved their van...I get it now.

Welcome in for a drink anytime. No doubt we will meet in a field somewhere...

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hullo, yes on Sunday, been cleaning and smiling ever since.. Never used to understand when people said they Loved their van...I get it now.

I have shown you my garage, now I want to see yours, in a field sometime in the future I am sure.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I've always maintained that it's best to buy a classic VW camper from a dealer, because it saves you having to prise a blubbering ex-owner from its rear bumper. We get very attached don't we?

The number of ads I used to see in VW mags saying 'New baby forces sale' - hideous little demon.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That sounded like why I got divorced first time.

I am sure she said " it's not you, it's me"

Too ******** right it is! otherwise I would have hidden a lot of money.:D

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Jim, wouldn't of bought it without all the advice and information gleaned over the past year on MHF(y)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We played gooseberry on that first date, and although we felt awkward at first, Hymer welcomed us in and didn't even mind when we lifted her mattress, checked her electrics and pulled her blinds up and down. We could see it was love at first sight and knew that she was the one for them. Happy times ahead for all. (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
No problem Mousey (y) It was already dead when he got it from the guy next door who keeps pythons........

However, apart from that, I am intrigued by your literary prowess, portrayed in your OP, and later with your new Hymer. Fantastic. You are one of the few people I have 'read' for a long time who, by the very art of story telling, can humanise a non living entity. Top marks. We should meet and chat sometime. (y)(y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Dont listen to that line

next thing, mark my words, it will be 'its not you, its me' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We played gooseberry, Happy times ahead for all. (y)

That's an understatement, Cliff and Ger spent two consecutive Sundays travelling all the way up to Nottingham with us to check over vans. We were working on the theory of 4 pairs of eyes being better than 1! And they both were a massive help..
Many thanks, you wonderful Funster friends!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back