Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
Hi all, I needed to tell someone, so you are it!! :p

I have handed in my notice at work, I finish mid April. I am in the process of purchasing a Hobby 750 FMSE off a friend of mine here in Berlin, and my plan is for Debs and I to return to UK in April, MOT the Van, book a ferry across to Spain, turn right and spend the next 10 months touring Spain/Portugal/Spain.
To say I am excited and relieved is an understatement, I look forward to meeting face to face with as many funsters as poss9ible whilst on our adventure.
Cheers all.:party2::wine:

OP
OP
Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
Thanks Chris, as you probably have gathered from my previous posts, I love my Rugby too, so maybe one day a blether and a beer, who knows!!:drink:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
Is that the Tag Axle model.. ?

I imported a new one in 2004.... fantastic bit of kit..

Enjoy.. (y)

It is Mo, and in very good nick too. We like the low profile and fixed bed situation. It comes complete with a Drive Away Awning too so will be perfect for Debs and I we believe.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
Welcome, we are off to Spain by ferry in April as well, and we are going to be turning right this time, having turned left last time!

Well, I may well be pestering you for tips and advice DB if thats ok!! I expect to be leaving the UK in the last week of April or possibly the first week of May. Hopefully we shall get the chance to meet! Cheers

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We'll be turning right out of Santander on 15 April, going to Portugal via Galicia and Santiago de Compostella. I'll look out for you both!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
Great news, I hope your pension is still big enough to pay taxes on, this forum will soon be full of non contributors for the relative youth on here to have anything left when we get there :D

Have fun (y)

It is big enough to pay tax on, but not much;) and Debs income is from the rental on the House which she also will pay tax on, but not much!!:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Hi all, I needed to tell someone, so you are it!! :p

I have handed in my notice at work, I finish mid April. I am in the process of purchasing a Hobby 750 FMSE off a friend of mine here in Berlin, and my plan is for Debs and I to return to UK in April, MOT the Van, book a ferry across to Spain, turn right and spend the next 10 months touring Spain/Portugal/Spain.
To say I am excited and relieved is an understatement, I look forward to meeting face to face with as many funsters as poss9ible whilst on our adventure.
Cheers all.:party2::wine:

Good on you both, and we wish you all the very best!:party:

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
What a good post, so nice to hear when a plan comes together, enjoy yourselves don't rush there is so much to see when you give your selves time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
Little kid / Christmas feeling, better than all the pills in the NHS.

You are going to hit Spain when it's getting hot, consider looping round the other way heading south as the year cools.

My reasoning was that I would take in Portugal and The Atlantic Coast during the hotter months, heading around the bottom and up through the East Coast of Spain in the Autumn. May even get a crack at a few Tuna in The Atlantic then from the Portugese Ports. Always open to advice though and will check and tweek the route as we get closer to the time, although our one rule is: The only place we have to be at any given time is the ferry back to UK to get the MH MOT'd ready for the next adventure down to Italy the following year!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
:giggler: (He's Welsh :whatthe:) Becareful what you tell him!

And there was me thinking he would know about Rugby :Eeek:
only joking Chris, having spent 5 years at St Athan and playing my Rugby for Llantwit Major whilst there, I have a certain affinity with the Welsh and their passion for Rugby.!!
Although of course, we have a non clouded and analytical view of the game :boxing::cheers:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back