Help please. - How can we reduce the noise / reverberation from Gas Heater (1 Viewer)

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
The gas heater in our autoquest 155. is under the bed, and when it starts up at night the reverberation is keeping my better half awake. (a) is the reverberation normally quite loud?, and (b) would noise insulation reduce the reverberation, or is there a better way to nullify the sound.

Any ideas on how to reduce the noise, (not from the boss, that doesn't work), or other guidance would be appreciated.

Baz

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
My suggestions...

Mount the heater on softish rubber feet and don't screw down too tightly....Just enough to stop the feet moving
Ensure all distribution pipework is secured and can't rattle around.
Ensure nothing is resting on or against the heater body or pipework.

If it continues it may be the blower fan is out of balance.
Can be balanced but means a strip down to get to and remove the fan.

If the reverberation is caused by combustion noise (roaring) there's little can be done.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
If its your space heating you refer to, get a silk filled quilt, no heating required and it will only take up the space for two bath towels. As for soundproofing, you need to isolate the heater from the van. I would mount it on a piece of wood and sit the lot on soundproofing material, like rubber or some of the stuff you get in packaging.

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We had a similar issue with a water pump.
Ended up mounting it on an 1" thick pad of Styrofoam

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I think your motorhome uses the Whale blown air heating system, previously known as Propex and yes they can be noisy. Not a lot that can be done really its just a noisy heater although according to Elddis website yours should have the 4KW unit with "quiet night time mode" whatever that is.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back