Total newbie...and wondering if Im sane.. (1 Viewer)

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
Hi...! :)
In a somewhat spontaneous mad moment last summer, I found myself the owner of a new motorhome (well, new to me anyway). Also on the spur of the moment..it must have been a year for this kind of behaviour...:whistle: I decided to brave the midges war upon my poor unsuspecting self & took a trip to Skye in Scotland...and oh....what an unbelievable trip with 5 days of pure sunshine n virtually clear skies with the most incredible views to die for seen from the higher vantage point of my mh drivers seat. Needless to say my guardian angels must have been working overtime to prevent my, now beloved "Flash", from going over the very steep edges of the mountain roads I travelled, whilst sight after wonderful distracting sight came in view. In truth, I do not know how I made each campsite each night...but Im so grateful to the HGV driver for his patience whilst I reversed using my rear camera...a very bizarre experience to a hot & petrified newbie! But to parrot a phrase from my university student son..it was all so awesome! I was not so long ago a very avid tent camper. Unfortunately a car accident curtailed my huge love for the outdoors and it was only on a throwaway suggestion from my son (yes, he has alot to be blamed for ;)) that I started my search for an alternative way to still travel that finally led to my love affair with my mh Flash...well what more can I say...but thanks son!! (y) Im hoping that once the weather warms up slightly (I struggle to move outside in cold winter months) that I can convince Flash that several more trips are definitely in order..& hopefully with new found funster friends! So...hi there! :)

OP
OP
LilacMoss

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Lol...well thank you for that most welcomed conclusion and comment Jonkil...lets see if 2015 changes it! I think I maybe formally classified as bizarre & eccentric at the end of it though! Roll on warmer weather! :)

OP
OP
LilacMoss

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
And ditto to you too Wildman...its nice to know I belong somewhere...;)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yes your mad, nuff sed.

But then again so is everyone on here.

:welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
>:)you will fit in well. you are as mad as the rest of us. welcome to the house of fun. we hope to meet you sometime.(y)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Quite mad, you'll fit in here a treat, oh and welcome to FUN the best forum on the net for all your motorhome related problems and life and the universe. :LOL:

OP
OP
LilacMoss

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
>:)you will fit in well. you are as mad as the rest of us. welcome to the house of fun. we hope to meet you sometime.(y)
Hope its sooner rather than later...Ive now got cabin fever just reading thro all the forums & posts! So where to go...who to meet...wheres the wine glasses..oops no wine glasses..(she says rinsing out her one and only chipped mug..this will just have to do...so wheres the nearest distillery then? Well the advice given on here is to buy on your travels what you don't have...so Im looking for a drink with new friends...(y)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
The Chester Food and Drink festival is in the rally section, that would be a great way to meet other Funsters and have a nice time in a great town with plenty of, hopefully, food and drink. (y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Lilac Moss (love the name) welcome to Fun a really friendly site with lots of information, good to have you aboard.
Have a look at the Easter Food and Drink at Chester, see my signature . :welc:

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi and welcome to FUN from an ex South Yorkshire-ite. Love your intro and look forward to hearing more about your future travels. Sounds like you're going to have a great time in Flash.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi & Big Welcome Lilac Moss, from down south, the Isle of Wight.
No you are as well balanced as most !! on FUN , when the better weather comes we will all be out there enjoying & relaxing in one of life's little pleasures our motorhome's !!!
Terry FIDGET

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Hi - I loved Skye too, and it was my first trip there last year as well. Welcome from Thebus Phoebe and Me :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hi LilacMoss &:welc:
I'll be in Barnsley w/c 19th though without the MH - can you please make sure the weather's nice? - ta.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Lilac Moss and welcome to the madhouse and yes you are truly one of us. That is completely GaGa :rofl::rofl:

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Welcome to FUN, not been back to Skye since'87 but still got photos on the walls my favourite taken across Loch Leathan towards Applecross. Breathtaking scenery but most years since the ferry beckons:)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
welcome.jpg

to the duck mad house!

OP
OP
LilacMoss

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Well a big thank you for the lovely warm welcome everyone:D...hope to meet you out there somewhere! As for sunshine weather in Barnsley....no guarantees! But enjoy your trip...:)
Hi LilacMoss &:welc:
I'll be in Barnsley w/c 19th though without the MH - can you please make sure the weather's nice? - ta.

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Welcome Lilacmoss. You’ll like it here. Lots of help and advice from not-so-mad very nice people.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back