Fiat Ducato 2.8jtd exhaust (2005) (1 Viewer)

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi,

I am looking for the rear silencer section for our 2005 Fiat Ducato 2.8jtd. i found one on ebay but the guy won't sell it to me. So I need this part, but from somewhere else,

Broken Link Removed

Annoyingly that was a genuine Fiat part, If I can fine one from one of the wholesale type places will the quality be ok?

OP
OP
westy77

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Broken Link Removed

Found this, but again, will this be ok or last five mins?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Won't sell it to you? it's buy it now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Why not?
The one in the second link is very cheap, I'd expect to pay double that.

OP
OP
westy77

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I clicked the buy it now and paid. Then received a message saying I had not asked if it will fit before buying it now and to send my vin number. I knew it would fit and sent the vin. He checked and cancelled the buy it now without messaging me first. The issue is Adria fitted LHD hab backs to RHD vans so when you enter my reg or vin it shows an offside exiting exhaust and Adria changed it to a near side exiting one (like in the links I posted), hence you will not find the exhaust fitted to my van if vin or reg entered. I have messaged I'm but he keeps saying I asked if it will fit (no, I received a message saying I couldn't buy it without giving vin) and he keeps telling me it won't fit even though it will.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes but you might do better on the phone?much easier to explain
EDIT doh! no number

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Broken Link Removed

Found this, but again, will this be ok or last five mins?

Even the cheapest exhausts will last two years for sure, I would think probably four or five on a motorhome. For the money you could not grumble.

However it isn't unknown for cheap ones to be noisier or rattle

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi Again, I can now provide the contact details for Phil Littlewood of Power Developments.
Referring back to a post before Christmas, about a friend of ours drawing a blank on trying to find a supplier of a replacement Exhaust System, Hymer LHD.
A custom system in Stainless was made by Phil within a couple of days, so with these problems in mind I have asked him if he could Custom build similar systems for fellow funsters, I will myself be having a system made in July during my next visit to the UK.
Phil's first Hymer customer was so delighted with his service that he has passed the contact on to two major dealers in the East Midlands area. Please see below the contact details of Phil, he is based at Stanfree near Chesterfield.
Phil.pdl@gmail.com
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed

Jumar

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The Miller was exactly the same chassis.
One place quoted me £420 to replace that box. I said that seems a lot, could he actually check.
No need mate. I know exactly what is needed
Another place, where the guy actually took the 30 seconds to look at it, quoted me £80
Turned out the thing had no cat, had never had a cat ( no O2 sensors at all ) and was a bog standard box
When I went back to the first place I tried, told him that and what did he say ?!
Huh, I could have beat that price. You should have told me there was no cat

I suggested he go forth and multiply as I had asked him to look and he had not bothered

Sure, I could have looked myself but that is not the point !

I cannot blame some of the sellers of Zorsts for being careful, but I also think a lot of 'em have become lazy and arrogant believing they know everything there is to know about every system they sell !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back