WOULD YOU THINK THIS IS A GOOD POSSIBLE PURCHASE?HYMER675SL (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
A lot depends on the size of the dogs and where you intend to keep them. with the twin beds there is not room to put an access door to the garage which would be ideal to keep the dogs from under your feet. Not much floor space with that layout. yorkies probably ok but anything larger would be a problem. Still the van is close enough to go and view to work that out for yourself.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
As newbys my advice is look at lots of motor homes as you have to try and get it right the first time as its very expensive if you get it wrong.
It took myself and wife a year to get the right set up that works for us,
then had Autotrail and also the dealership to tweek it for use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Nice,, van suggest you consider looking at many more before deciding and when you do buy buy from a dealer then you'll someone to fall back on should there be any fault

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Very nice and my prefered layout, we manage to put a door through to the dogs cages immediatly we got ours with a similar layout by going through the cupboards under the end of the bed on one side, I presume you will be making an offer, risky buying private I know but if its genuine and you can get the right price...... I paid 47k over 3 years ago and have not regreted it

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N
Sep 10, 2014
Nr Whitby north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
dont have one yet
Thanks for your comments-really useful to get different perspective.After reading about poor aftersales care it would suggest it can be traumatic trying to get them to actually put things right under the "guarantee" and I have seen several posts on here regarding buying privately should be considered.Any offer would be made subject to survey by a suitably qualified person if we found the right van.thanks again for your help-much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
New regs in March mean lots more used vans will come to market.
Have you seen Jim's book in the shop above?
It's full of really useful advice for van purchasing.
Good luck.

Upvote 0

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
New regs in March mean lots more used vans will come to market.
Have you seen Jim's book in the shop above?
It's full of really useful advice for van purchasing.
Good luck.
Hi, what new regs? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry I could sense a ripple of panic then. I meant new vehicle registration dates for new sales in March and September.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
dont have one yet
Very nice and my prefered layout, we manage to put a door through to the dogs cages immediatly we got ours with a similar layout by going through the cupboards under the end of the bed on one side, I presume you will be making an offer, risky buying private I know but if its genuine and you can get the right price...... I paid 47k over 3 years ago and have not regreted it
Hi do you mean you have the same model and that it was 47k 3years ago? if so it would make this one seem expensive !

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
dont have one yet
Thanks for your reply-I understand you have more than one dog! we have 2 cockapoos-Leo is 25kg Dora is 13kg so they are substantial to say the least.When we have been looking round Dealers they have stayed outside with one of us as obviously we didn't expect to allow them inside(we love them but respect those who don't appreciate them for all the usual reasons)We had thought that this would be the preferred layout but see some think thre will not be enough room but this seems to work for you ,are you ever concerned about the space and could see a layout which may work better ?

Upvote 0

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Does not look like a genuine private sale to me or a reputable dealer......( has no selling history?) be very careful. HPI and damp survey at the very least! Twin singles means extra length to live with, If your happy with transverse bed, You get either a shorter van or more lounge room. It looks nice enough though, hard to tell as photos not that great.....Have a look on Link Removed for a price comparison and maybe consider an import?

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It's on the Merc 4t chassis I think (single wheel) so check payload depending what you want to put in it. Automatic should be the proper torque converter job on the 3 litre I believe. Should be a nice van if everything fits your bill get it checked and pay less than the asking price as it looks like a dealer price not private to me.

Upvote 0

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
How long are you willing to go?

This layout may suit you better, two seating areas in the day, the rear lounge then makes either two singles or a large double. You also have the option of sleeping in the over cab bed and putting the dogs in the rear lounge.

Niesmann + bischoff are really good vans, this one has been for sale on eBay for months however, so I'm not suggesting you rush out and buy it but have you considered that layout?

£46,995.00
NIESMANN+BISCHOFF Arto 74
A LUXURIOUS MOTORHOME WITH REAR LOUNGE

On eBay, not sure if this link is working

Upvote 0

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I wouldn't put dogs in anything I had paid 47 grand for. Running for tin hat:)

You are right in that the smell of dog or smoke devalues a van, but what can you do if you want to motorhome with your pets?

I suppose that's why we've seen dogs in garages?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
dont have one yet
Does not look like a genuine private sale to me or a reputable dealer......( has no selling history?) be very careful. HPI and damp survey at the very least! Twin singles means extra length to live with, If your happy with transverse bed, You get either a shorter van or more lounge room. It looks nice enough though, hard to tell as photos not that great.....Have a look on Link Removed for a price comparison and maybe consider an import?
MMMMMM...... now you've made us suspicious....he says it is only for sale as he has bought an apartment and can't be in two places at once.Anyway we like mousys suggestion...great layout for us...think we will not pursue the Hymer

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
How long are you willing to go?

This layout may suit you better, two seating areas in the day, the rear lounge then makes either two singles or a large double. You also have the option of sleeping in the over cab bed and putting the dogs in the rear lounge.

Niesmann + bischoff are really good vans, this one has been for sale on eBay for months however, so I'm not suggesting you rush out and buy it but have you considered that layout?

£46,995.00
NIESMANN+BISCHOFF Arto 74
A LUXURIOUS MOTORHOME WITH REAR LOUNGE

On eBay, not sure if this link is working

Not a popular layout but if it works for you OK, but you might not sell it again very easily so buy to keep. I think the problem is the lack of garage but that is not everybody's priority.

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I think it's a tad overpriced, hope you've looked at loads first :)

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
N+B motorhomes are well made and at least the Arto range is relatively affordable compared with their two more expensive ranges (Flair and Clou). However, your original Hymer option was on a Mercedes rear wheel drive chassis (Sprinter). All Artos are on a Fiat FWD chassis (Ducato). Does this matter to you? Many of us swear by RWD but we are in the minority of motorhome owners. The other common RWD alternatives to a MB chassis would be Ford Transit (some of them) or an Iveco, but that tends to be used on larger vans (e.g. N+B Flair).
Obviously, as a satisfied Hymer owner I am biased but then N+B is part of the Hymer group (as are Burstner, Dethleffs and Laika).

Upvote 0

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
MMMMMM...... now you've made us suspicious....he says it is only for sale as he has bought an apartment and can't be in two places at once.Anyway we like mousys suggestion...great layout for us...think we will not pursue the Hymer

I am still suspicious as I still don't "think" it looks a genuine private sale. photos with thumb in for a start! seriously at this price point? who puts an awning up for photos?lol have never seen that in an add after 20 odd years at this :)
If its not far might be worth looking at, would have to see original paperwork for and service history etc.....and check against his personal details carefully, then if it checks out OK an inspection including damp and HPI at the very least..better to to be down a few quid then buy a rogue van.

I was wrong re no sales, he did sell another camper for 30k over a year ago according to ebay feedback. You're in a unique position as no PX required, can afford to be fussy, its a lot of money!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back