Rally Chat What would you like next. (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We have had a number of different rallies in Ilfracombe over the years, as you know it is a large level rally field with great bus access and lots to see and do around and about. So what type of rally do you fancy next.
Homebrew
Fix it meet
Bring and buy
Fishing
Kayaking
Dog show
Horse riding
Shooting
Golf
Food fest
Craft
general fun rally
or something else lets hear what you would you like.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well, lots of choice there Roger. Hopefully someone will come forward. The thing is that if the weather is good there is nothing needed other than a minibus to the beaches and collection ... we thoroughly enjoyed our days out last year .... Also there were good eating places too.

Maybe Howie and Kath may be interested in some kind of dog show .. just a suggestion... they may be totally busy with their dog shows elsewhere...

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We have a lot of musicians on here now and I'm sure there are some damn fine singers amongst us :)

Can we build a big campfire and sit on hay bales? :)
Campfire could be a problem as it destroys the grazing for several years but we have a large marquee, hay bales possible (if there are any left come a rally) as long as someone can heave them about.
Golf or fishing or really anything just good to get away
Joe
there are two golf courses and a driving range. For fishing there is lots of coastline, beaches and charter boats, plus trout lakes not too far away people attending other rallies have fished.

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
I'd love a southern fix it meet. I'm sure that I could find a few things that need attention on my van!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I'd love a southern fix it meet. I'm sure that I could find a few things that need attention on my van!
I'm sure you could get things fixed at any meet we have here, it seems to be the norm, even for people staying on the CL. I do have extensive workshop facilities. WE had one last year

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
How about metal detecting?(treasure hunting) on a bit of scrap ground ,then a y bits found we could have a contest to see who is clever and able to identify the odd bits ,..on second thoughts I can't imagine any funster concentrating on one subject long enough,, fun !! fun !!:reel:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

No no no no no. Hay bales are highly combustible, to put them in close proximity to an ignition source would be highly dangerous.

If you build a campfire knowing that there will be alcohol consumed nearby you must surround it with a fireproof guard that would stop a drunken person falling into the fire. You should have adequate fire extinguishing equipment located nearby, a number of people must be trained in the operation of this equipment.

Then you can sit safely on sturdy metal camping chairs singing to your hearts content but not so loud as to annoy the neighbours and fellow campers who may have gone to bed early.

Remember medical advice and do not consume more than the recommended amount.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Can`t you turf the bit for a Bonfire, then relay when finished..

It will take within a week or so... (y)

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Mini music festival? (y)

We're planning on coming down to that area to meet up with friends later in the year.
Brill idea why not have a word with hollyberry and have a combined meet

We have a lot of musicians on here now and I'm sure there are some damn fine singers amongst us :)

Can`t you turf the bit for a Bonfire, then relay when finished..

It will take within a week or so... (y)
Excellent idea Mo. Could be done.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Failing all that .... the pub is just hundred yards up the road .. LARGE pub ... could they not provide a room for a musical extravaganza one night .. think of the revenue they would get on drinks...... That way if it rains it can still go ahead and the bomfire nights singalongs could be an extra for the other nights.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back