Cover Tech Thermal Cab Covers (1 Viewer)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Anyone got any of these? Are they any good?

Apparently they are made in Italy, but its OK, there's no electrical parts in them!

Please don't suggest Taylormade or Silver Screens, I've already asked them about full length covers for a Transit, they ain't interested!

The only others available seem to be Hindermann ones from Germany but they are double the money.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261276762344&alt=web

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi jonandshell
Looks like not too many people have heard of them,but for the price and reading the spec,and if they were for my(your) van I would be taking a punt on them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Here is another supplier you might try. Their website suggests they will consider custom jobs as well as standard screens.
http://www.minsterproducts.co.uk/polar.htm

Thanks for link, I'm not sure a custom job will be ready in time.
Time is getting short, we'll be in the Alps in three weeks from now!
We already have screen covers, but we still get ice formation inside the van on the cab wheel arches, door cards and door wells. Hence the need for an all over the cab design.

I might just take a punt on the Italian ones due to the short time available to us! The spec does look good.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Looks a good price Jon, our German friends have them........................ ;) Apparently to stop the sun fading the cab, I know they cost him €500 three years ago, I will ask him tommow what make they are. (y) Bob.

Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
Thanks for link, I'm not sure a custom job will be ready in time.
Time is getting short, we'll be in the Alps in three weeks from now!
We already have screen covers, but we still get ice formation inside the van on the cab wheel arches, door cards and door wells. Hence the need for an all over the cab design.

I might just take a punt on the Italian ones due to the short time available to us! The spec does look good.
Didn't realise it got that cold up there

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Didn't realise it got that cold up there

We've seen -27 on the thermometer at times!

Its the persistent cold which has the greatest effect. We once did a 12 day stretch at VT and nearly every day was cloudy and no warmer than -5 or so. At night it was about -15 to -20. We suffered waxed diesel despite the fact it was a winter blend, low battery capacity even though they are in the garage, a frozen Webasto fuel pump (soon removed and warmed up) and ice formation in the strangest places!
We also suffered a burst water pipe due to the fact it lay touching a heater duct. It looked like a snake that had just had its lunch with a small split in the side!

All the problems above have been designed out now, but we are still at the mercy of our diesel suppliers!

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Well, they arrived yesterday.

I put them on and the fit is really good. They even come with little socks for the indicator stalks on the wings! Elsewhere, they are secured with Velcro and elastic straps. The material seems a bit thicker but also more pliable than the Silver screens and Taylormade products. It fits snugly everywhere which should be good for keeping cold air out.

I left them on overnight to check their function and woke this morning to find it was 10 degrees C outside!!!! Not really a test for them!!!

I will reserve judgement until the ski holiday!

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
20141216_203132.jpg
20141216_203217.jpg

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
OK then!

We didn't die in the Alps, the covers were great!
The cab was lots warmer and all draughts eliminated.
I would recommend them to anyone else who likes their camping cold.

Very happy with the purchase.

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Also, I forgot to mention, the windscreen section will fold down just like the Silverscreen Paragon ones do.

Mind you, at the temperatures we used them in, we didn't do that for very long. Any condensation forming on the glass soon turned to ice!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back