Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
My oyster system is not locking onto any satellites. It worked ok the last time it was switched on. I've checked the connections and rebooted the box but still nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions please before we try to find an engineer.
We are in the Algarve at present.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As Phil suggests, don't think you will get Astra2 which will be your default, try searching for Astra1.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
It will just keep turning and turning, as you are out of the footprint "Now" since they changed/altered satellite... :(

Our`s did anyway.. 85cm dish.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
My oyster system is not locking onto any satellites. It worked ok the last time it was switched on. I've checked the connections and rebooted the box but still nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions please before we try to find an engineer.
We are in the Algarve at present.
Try this. Pick the oyster up, insert a wide bladed knife into the join, and twist. You will find that your oyster will open at once for inspection (y)

A pearl of a tip!! :)

OP
OP
Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Try this. Pick the oyster up, insert a wide bladed knife into the join, and twist. You will find that your oyster will open at once for inspection (y)

A pearl of a tip!! :)

There's always one...

Thanks Dave...

Now tell me where do I get a big enough F O knife from?

OP
OP
Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
It will just keep turning and turning, as you are out of the footprint "Now" since they changed/altered satellite... :(

Our`s did anyway.. 85cm dish.
I've been getting Astra 1 and watching German tv ok but now even that's gone.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi Howie, what satellite are you trying to locate? If Astra2? Then that is your problem, your simply out of range. Change the selected satellite to Astra1 and try again. Once locked on, use your digi box menu to select Astra1 channels. About 25 English speaking news and current affairs channels.

If your using a Sky digi box, beg steal or buy a cheap FTA (Free To Air) digi box that will work on Astra1

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Howie, what satellite are you trying to locate? If Astra2? Then that is your problem, your simply out of range. Change the selected satellite to Astra1 and try again. Once locked on, use your digi box menu to select Astra1 channels. About 25 English speaking news and current affairs channels.

If your using a Sky digi box, beg steal or buy a cheap FTA (Free To Air) digi box that will work on Astra1

Eddie do you know which channels are English speaking on 1 ? Have searched through but seems only to be music and music video channels . Have also searched net for a list but not found anything useful !!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
It's mainly hit and miss to be honest. Many films are broadcast in English with subtitles, and with some Danish transmissions they simply don't bother to dub or sub title.

The 25 I made metion of are things like Sky News, BBC News, CNN, France Today, etc

OP
OP
Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009

Hi Eddie, it was locating Astra 1 without any problem and I was getting all of the FTA UK channels through that. Working one day not the next. ive been on the roof and checked but nothing obvious and all cables to box secure.

OP
OP
Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I should have said sky international and BBC World.
Something's stuffed up but I'm clueless as to what or why.
Many thanks to all who've responded.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Off to play badminton now will try to PM you later, if not will in the morning