Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi all just wondering if anyone can recommend an easy yet effective carpet/upholstery cleaner that I can use on both the seats and the fitted carpet. They are not very heavily stained just getting g tired your advice would be appreciated.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We have Broken Link Removed Full size base for carpets, whole rooms etc. The top bit lifts off to give you a small (maybe 3-4 inch wide) head great for small spaces and corners and upholstery etc. Highly recommended.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi, the best product we have found (by a long way) is 1001 from Lidl's. Not had a mark/stain we couldn't remove with it and it doesn't mark/bleach the fabric.(y)

Hope it helps,

Trikeman. ;)

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Thanks for those suggestions so far but I was thinking more of a handheld spray or similar ,I dont have a steamer or electrical cleaning g device.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi, the best product we have found (by a long way) is 1001 from Lidl's. Not had a mark/stain we couldn't remove with it and it doesn't mark/bleach the fabric.(y)

Hope it helps,

Trikeman. ;)

Thanks that's the sort of thing I would be looking at.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I think you will need at least a vac that will suck out the wetness and the dirt

I bought 5lts of cleaner off ebay around £15 for 5 lts delivered, you then dilute to suit

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks for those suggestions so far but I was thinking more of a handheld spray or similar ,I dont have a steamer or electrical cleaning g device.

trying to do a big area by hand is a lot of hard work .. and the results may be disappointing..

if you don't have a Vax wet/dry cleaner, or similar,I suggest to hire a carpet cleaner for the day from Rug Doctor

http://www.rugdoctor.co.uk/how-to-use/how-to-clean-upholstery
How to clean around skirting boards, up stairs, upholstery, car and caravan interiors

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The problem with a spray or similar onto any kind of fabric is lifting it off again.
trying to do a big area by hand is a lot of hard work .. and the results may be disappointing..

if you don't have a Vax wet/dry cleaner, or similar,I suggest to hire a carpet cleaner for the day from Rug Doctor

http://www.rugdoctor.co.uk/how-to-use/how-to-clean-upholstery
How to clean around skirting boards, up stairs, upholstery, car and caravan interiors

Agree with the first part of your post completely. Not the second however.

I hired a Rug Doctor once. The carpets looked worse afterwards than before I started. I found it a complete waste of time and went out and bought the Bissel in my link above the next day.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

The biggest issue you will have with just using is spray is that once you've soaked the fabric or carpet or whatever you have no way of lifting the dirt and excess liquid off of it so it will take forever to dry and the dirt will still be there.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Thankyou all ,I do have a VAX carpet shampooer so could do carpets with that as it does suck up the water afterwards. I think the problem will just be the seats inc drivers and passengers seats. The only other option is to have it all valeted,but that I think would be expensive.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Thankyou all ,I do have a VAX carpet shampooer so could do carpets with that as it does suck up the water afterwards. I think the problem will just be the seats inc drivers and passengers seats. The only other option is to have it all valeted,but that I think would be expensive.

You should be able to buy a small head for the vax for upholstery

Ebay is your friend (y)

Jul 21, 2013
Vienne France
Funster No
MH
VW T4 & MC LOUIS 671
Exp
2013 / 2004
I swear by this stuff i use it in my car and around house so will be doing Elas seating cushins when weathers bit warmer.

Jul 21, 2013
Vienne France
Funster No
MH
VW T4 & MC LOUIS 671
Exp
2013 / 2004
You can get it at halfords and any good car place. I do car shows with my car so interior has to be of good standard and clean and my seats are sensetive material and it dosent damage it. The stuff is a dryish foam you spray on wait a bit dependent on how mucky then work in with aplicator on top of bottle then wipe of with damp but not soking cloth so dosnt take to long to dry.
Love the stuff its cheep and really works well. We have a doggi so need it lol

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Hi all just wondering if anyone can recommend an easy yet effective carpet/upholstery cleaner that I can use on both the seats and the fitted carpet. They are not very heavily stained just getting g tired your advice would be appreciated.

Yeah! Pampervan its great and good for most things

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Pampervan This is what it says on the tin
"Pampervan is a new 'dense gel' concentrate, 1 litre is sufficient to clean your motorhome or caravan 20 times. Cleans all types of caravan and motorhome bodywork and panels, winter build up, tar spots, tree sap, dead flies, glass and acrylic windows, removes brake dust from alloys. All kitchen surfaces including stoves and ovens. All bath and shower room surfaces. An amazing stain remover for carpets, upholstery and clothing. Non Toxic, Organic and Bio-degradable, making it environmentally friendly. Soft on the skin and virtually odourless. Not tested on animals."

We've used it and its true

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We have a couple of bissells.. A large one we use for the carpets in the house (and van if req) and a, small green one which is perfect for upholstery

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back