Free Member
Aug 12, 2007
North Notts
Funster No
MH
As available
Exp
Involved with Caravans and Motorhomes over 15 years
A little late perhaps, but just to let you all know I have secured 10 pairs of Free Tickets to the Manchester Caravan and Motorhome Show in January. Closing date for entries will be midnight 18th January.

Further information and entry instructions are here

Good Luck !

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
A little late perhaps, but just to let you all know I have secured 10 pairs of Free Tickets to the Manchester Caravan and Motorhome Show in January. Closing date for entries will be midnight 18th January.

Good Luck !

Hi, anyone going to the above show? Are there any sites nearby which can be recommended, I have searched for Manchester events so can assume that we will not be having a meet, is this correct.

We have just been offered a couple of tickets for this event by David (DsHague) so any advice on where to stay would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ginny and Mike

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi, anyone going to the above show? Are there any sites nearby which can be recommended, I have searched for Manchester events so can assume that we will not be having a meet, is this correct.

We have just been offered a couple of tickets for this event by David (DsHague) so any advice on where to stay would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ginny and Mike

Not many sites around Manchester at all.:Sad:
We stay at Windy Harbour Farm Hotel and Campsite on Woodhead Road, Glossop.
Half hour walk to Glossop railway station for trains to Manchester ( about 45 minute journey)
Basic site with EHU.
Will be a bit cold up there at the moment though!!:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
north of Manchester there is the Bury caravan club site with fairly good access in to manchester but still a little way. Having been to this show two years on the trot, I have to say (hope to not offend anyone) but the show is Kak with a capital K. Wouldn't be wasting my money again even with my free tickets. But each to their own and if you have plans to do other things in manchester it can be built in as a good day. The science and industry museam is worth a look.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005

Good Luck !

Hi

Is this show worth a visit? bearing in mind Hagnaps assessment of the show?

It is quite a way for us to go, although we now have details of a good place to park within a short tram ride.

Ginny and Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Having been to this show two years on the trot, I have to say (hope to not offend anyone) but the show is Kak with a capital K. Wouldn't be wasting my money again even with my free tickets. .

As a Manchesterite......ish, no offence taken!....and you're absolutely right, the show is PANTS and has been for years unless you're after a touring or a static caravan.
Stopped going years ago.
Save your money to go to the NEC, Feb 17-22

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
As a Manchesterite......ish, no offence taken!....and you're absolutely right, the show is PANTS and has been for years unless you're after a touring or a static caravan.
Stopped going years ago.
Save your money to go to the NEC, Feb 17-22

From another Manc! - quite agree the show is rubbish! Should really be called a caravan show!

R

reader

Deleted User
We are also local, and if it cost anything at all to go forget it. If you have a free bus pass and have free tickets, well it may be considered.
Its a shame really cos apart from parking the venue is ok, but its one of those shows that never quite made it.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Bah Humbug bought tickets so will use them anyway. It's sevral years since we last went- can't remember what it was like then. Only going to look at accessories though so it don't really matter if not a lot of motorhomes there.
Dave:thumb:

R

reader

Deleted User
Castaway - dont make a special journey from Darlington, you will be disappointed it took me all of an hour to get round yestersay

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Took us an hour trying to park yesterday- was going to try again on Sunday but I don't think we'll bother- certainly WON'T be booking again!!:Angry::Angry:
Dave:thumb:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
try park and ride then tram to gmex .free to park 2.20 return .
we used ladywell park and ride .

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
We stayed with some friends near Altrincham, got the Metro in, £3.80 return!
The show was OK, nothing there that I would change my current van for, though!
Thanks again to Motoroamin for the tickets!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back