LIFE MEMBER
Nov 22, 2014
Paisley, Renfrew, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2013
Caravanning and Camping for 30+ years thought I would give Motorhome a try looks like a need to rethink how I plan my trips not as easy to nip down to the shops.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Just do your shopping when travelling between sites or travel to \ from shops by bus, or a lot of supermarkets do home delivery service to a number of sites, or .....................

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
downloadfile.gif
From Glasgow

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi and Welcome to Fun.

There's always ways round the shopping as Gellyneck said. I've had supermarkets deliver the big stuff ( dog food, cat litter --oh yes, I thought it was a good idea to full time for nearly 2 years with 2 dogs and 2 cats) lots of supermarkets you can park at the far end of the car park. Always buses and train.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome, if you can use a cycle it's a great way to get around when parked up, we seem to get so much cycling on our assist bikes around the places we visit.:welc:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Welcome to the FUN .
It's not as hard as you think!
We have a 24 ft Mh and if on a site take all our provisions with us.
We also come to Scotland and go to the Isle Of Bute ( where my mums from ) once or twice a year and wild camp on various beaches.After breakfast we wash up and drive the kids to the swimming pool or cinema for a few hours before heading back to the beach in the afternoon .It only takes twenty mins or so to be ready to move after a night parked up.

Vlad

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We also started caravanning 30 years ago and when we had a young family it was ideal. Now we find a two berth MH perfect as we like to tour, staying only a few days in any one spot, so we simply shop when driving between stops.

Fridge space for salads and milk etc is a limiting factor and we may get a compressor cool box to give us more cold storage in hot countries. Unfortunately the ideal place to put the coolbox is where our dog sleeps at night but as he is now in his 18th year I suspect we will be able to get our coolbox soon. :(

And of course welcome!

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Och you'll soon get into the routine, I have a wee folding bike, get everywhere with that, for fetching messages I have a pannier on back and a supermarket type basket temporarily cable tied on.
Far aboot ar ye ? near gods own, Lournie ? or near the borders where we are i' noo ? Oh welcome on this very helpful site (y)

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Hi Welcome
As for shopping we go in the van saves humping from car to van and when moving from one place to another we shop again .....simple. Just don't forget to make up a shopping list as its a bugger if you (or more likely your Missus) forget something important like the booze or the chilly sauce :eek:

Also I would recommend that you do one overnight close to home and that way you'll realize what you can't do without. That's what we did and it helped iron out the bugs before we did some serious camping

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back