How to reset control panel warning (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ok from previous threads regular viewers will know we have been having ongoing battery problems.
Today we had a new starter battery fitted but the control panel is still showing battery as flat, 1 notch and flashing...any ideas?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Ok from previous threads regular viewers will know we have been having ongoing battery problems.
Today we had a new starter battery fitted but the control panel is still showing battery as flat, 1 notch and flashing...any ideas?
My control panel only shows habitation battery condition not starter battery, so not sure???

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
take it your control panel switch toggles between leisure batt bank and start battery and appears to work ok for the leisure batt . ie the led display works for leisure battery, but not start battery if that's the case can you access the wires that give the start battery signal to check them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
20150103_150852.jpg

Do you mean I have to try and get this panel off and look behind it?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
what I was trying to establish was does the row of led lights give the voltage of the leisure battery and the start battery depending on which way it is switched...
if the panel/led's work ok on the leisure battery then obviously the led voltage indicator lights are fine and you will have to look to the circuit that comes off the start battery for the fault. I know ive seen the set up , but as usual I cant remember much , hence the question.. and looking at picture hasn't helped me yet..
the other thing was did you ever check for an excess drain , or just replace the battery ?

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just replaced the battery. Its not holding a charge at 12.2 and was 5 yrs old. We will be putting the MH in to get an isolator switch fitted and hopefully the control panel. I wanted to sound some sort of knowledgeable though as I think some folk are more willing to up the price when they see 2 women.
If I press the top left button I get leisure battery reading. Middle left when I press it should give me starter battery reading...which is not showing correctly. I had a look at fusebox but all looks ok, could it be a fuse? This only went faulty after the AA jump started it.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
My control panel only shows habitation battery condition not starter battery, so not sure???
Your Autocruise panel (PMS5 BWAH) will show the condition of whichever battery you select Paul

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Our control panel (Autocruise not the same as yours) has a system to reset the battery display when you fit new batteries. It could be yours has as well, but you will need the manufacturers hand book to tell you how it's done. Some buttons may have more than one function that will allow you to do the reset.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Here it is

Attachments

• MANUEL-Chausson-2014-Anglais-1.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 96

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
ta, a bit clearer now, so the fault is specific to the start battery voltage sensing circuit and the panel is otherwise functioning ok.. so that's why I was asking whether you can get the panel off or find the wires that serve that circuit. it may be an obvious fault or fuse on the back of the panel, failing that it could be an electronic component gone.. my best guess ,cant be more help , but would be worth looking if you can before paying someone..

getting an isolator switch will most probably be fine , but the things that come to mind , are that when you turn ignition off some things still happen. and it takes a few min for the control module to shut down so try and check that that will be ok . you may have to wait a bit before using it .. again just thoughts and things I would want to be clear about if it was me.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Yes rest of the control panel is working fine. I'm guessing something has blew somewhere. It was working fine right up to the point we got jump started.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Yes rest of the control panel is working fine. I'm guessing something has blew somewhere. It was working fine right up to the point we got jump started.

That is the same panel as I have in the Benimar. I have just gone over and checked and wondered if you start your MH what happens ( do the lights go all the way across ) both on LB and VB this would test at least that your charging from vehicle ok. Then with engine off try panel again. If panel shows same as above I would guess you have blown a fuse in the charging system, I know this as I blow a fuse in these boxes and could not find out why as did not know about them ( member on here helped ) the box or boxes to look for are:
35056-8fe4d718d74f5922f88d9e3fac797d6d.jpg
35057-6fffcc1b9b32ad2ce0bdb7e582abeb89.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
There was mention of a fuse off the cab battery
There is a fuse there. Its on a separate wire in a wee clear holder. I never checked it because I couldn't get the wee clear holder open and decided the wire wasn't going anywhere as it has a piece of tape on the end.
Shall now go to the MH 2mor and take off seat and check this fuse. Shall keep you posted.
Thanks everyone.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
OK.. had the same sort of thing on a van a couple of years ago after it was jump started
The person doing the jump start had not gone on to the +ve terminal but had instead just attached the lead to the large plate going to the terminal
On that plate are several LARGE fuses ( they look nothing like fuses ! They are so big they bolt to the distribution plate )
The one that fed the hab area had blown.
If you have a similar set up ( quite common ) you can have a look at the top of the battery and you will see what I mean ..
Using a meter just check you have voltage on both sides of all the fuses
If I am right you can either get a replacement fuse from any decent motor factors or in an emergency simply undo the bolts holding the fuse in place, remove old fuse and replace with a bit of wire
That will get things sorted temporarily for you

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thought I would come back and give an update. Went to auto elec today. He couldn't find any distinct reason for drain on cab battery. Might have been the battery just wasn't up top scratch but got him to put an isolator switch on since we just bought a new battery on Saturday and don't want to risk it going flat.
This just maybe help someone else one day. The control panel hab battery light flashing flat was traced back to a fuse which isn't in the main fuse box. There are 2 sealed boxes below the fuse box so the one on the left needs unscrewed and inside is a 50 amp fuse and a 5amp. Was the 5 amp that needed to be replaced. £120 later today all is well :)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Thought I would come back and give an update. Went to auto elec today. He couldn't find any distinct reason for drain on cab battery. Might have been the battery just wasn't up top scratch but got him to put an isolator switch on since we just bought a new battery on Saturday and don't want to risk it going flat.
This just maybe help someone else one day. The control panel hab battery light flashing flat was traced back to a fuse which isn't in the main fuse box. There are 2 sealed boxes below the fuse box so the one on the left needs unscrewed and inside is a 50 amp fuse and a 5amp. Was the 5 amp that needed to be replaced. £120 later today all is well :)

Glad it's sorted bru!(y)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp

Well I posted the photo's of the said fuse boxes as it happened to me, none the less glad your sorted.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Well I posted the photo's of the said fuse boxes as it happened to me, none the less glad your sorted.
The boxes are different to yours, they have no writing on them and are a few inches thick.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
The boxes are different to yours, they have no writing on them and are a few inches thick.
Mate they are the same box same fuse system etc, not to worry, your sorted thats the main thing and you know what to do if it happens again.

DerekMcAvoy

Free Member
Dec 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 08
Ho
I’ve just read through this thread as I have the same panel and same issue on a Chausson Flash 08. I can’t seem to see the photos mentioned of where I can find the 5 amp fuse mentioned. Can someone repost please?

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Ho
I’ve just read through this thread as I have the same panel and same issue on a Chausson Flash 08. I can’t seem to see the photos mentioned of where I can find the 5 amp fuse mentioned. Can someone repost please?
We no longer own the MH so cannot show you. I think from memory take cover off the box (shoown above in my post) and fuse is above center.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
That is the same panel as I have in the Benimar. I have just gone over and checked and wondered if you start your MH what happens ( do the lights go all the way across ) both on LB and VB this would test at least that your charging from vehicle ok. Then with engine off try panel again. If panel shows same as above I would guess you have blown a fuse in the charging system, I know this as I blow a fuse in these boxes and could not find out why as did not know about them ( member on here helped ) the box or boxes to look for are:
35056-8fe4d718d74f5922f88d9e3fac797d6d.jpg
35057-6fffcc1b9b32ad2ce0bdb7e582abeb89.jpg
See?

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
This box is for the heavy-duty relay that switches the battery supply. A relay is an electrically operated switch. A small current though a coil makes a magnetic field that pulls a big switch closed. When the small current is off, a spring opens the big switch again.

There's a fuse for the heavy current (50A) and also a small fuse to protect the coil (5A)

It takes a special kind of talent to blow the 5A fuse, but with enough ingenuity it can be donexroll:.

Boite relais securite = Safety relay box.

DerekMcAvoy

Free Member
Dec 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 08
Thanks. I’ve only had the Chausson a week so I’m learning fast.
I think the 5 amp fuse may be the issue though as I’ve now replaced the vehicle battery and I’m still getting the flashing light in the panel.

Attachments

• 0D39AE70-D810-4C53-9545-771DECF052CC.jpeg
    0D39AE70-D810-4C53-9545-771DECF052CC.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 17

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread