Android tv box (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
has anyone had anything to do with these things they are on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...1.A0.H0.Xandroid&_nkw=android+tv+box&_sacat=0
My friend who lives in Portugal has one and reckons he can get any tv channel there is , even sky sports live football without subscribing to anything and without a dish or airial just by broadband, by the ebay thing it looks as if they work here as well.
Anyone know

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The raspberry pi does the same thing if you are a bit computer savvy ( as well as a myriad of other amazing things too ! ) and is half the price and a 10th of the size and weight :)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just had a quick look and it appears to be much the same price , for the sake of fifty quid doesn't make much difference but do they work here, what is involved with them , please

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
According to the blurb it appears to do the same as an android tablet as well as get all the tele for £45, can't understand why everyone hasn't got one if its true.

Deleted User
A friend has an android smart box that enables him to get up to date movies. He can also get sport channels but of varying quality. I have been warned that a lot of these boxes are absolute rubbish whilst some are quite good but the problem is knowing which are the good ones

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yes I have one... Watch out for people selling the old dual core and latest ones are quad core..
Never been on any sports as thats not an interest but use mine mainly for films and Tv shows..
Does the job and I'm happy enough...
This is the one I got after recommendation from my son but there are loads out there.
Broken Link Removed

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Our Friends have an Android Man box in Albox working on Albox online community WiFi in Spain. I am also linked to it and listening to Radio 4 as I type this. I have loaded http://www.filmon.com/tv/ to the laptop and it works fine on that also.

We have been watching UK TV on Filmon most evening over Christmas /New Year. We have had an occasional buffering but it just resumed where it stopped.

Our friends are not tech savvy, so go for lessons on how to use the Android Man box in Albox.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
internet streaming boxes are good only with fast reliable broadband. dont go expecting to use it over a 3g connection in the motorhome or on the wifi available on most sites

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
internet streaming boxes are good only with fast reliable broadband. dont go expecting to use it over a 3g connection in the motorhome or on the wifi available on most sites
No , wasn't thinking about the mh for this, I rang my mate last night and he commented on the Stoke , Manu football match yesterday and I asked him how he had seen it and then he told me he had one of these boxs and had watched the match live, it was only on sky here, we have bt vision and a smart tele but can't get sky football , would it work here, if so it's only the cost of going to one match.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Ive got an app on my android phone and can watch sky, films and all sorts :xsmile:

Haven't found the p*rn yet though :xgrin:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ive got an app on my android phone and can watch sky, films and all sorts :xsmile:

Haven't found the p*rn yet though :xgrin:
Well that's what I'm thinking if it's an android thing will it work on my phone , but not realy bothered , if someone has got one and can guarantee it gets the footy I going to get one, if tonkas still on can you tell me if yours worked out of the box.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi you can Google wizywig (that shut down yesterday due to new rules in Spain) but there is a link there to another site ,was watching both man u and arsenal match yesterday or bits of it as doing other things ,but there was a link for a android dl not tried it though .never had need for extra boxes so can't comment on that score (no pun intended) :xgrin:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
, if tonkas still on can you tell me if yours worked out of the box.

Yes.. Just plugged it in...First time on the film channels it takes a while to "populate" and download. After that it's faster.. You need to be a bit tech friendly as some streams dont work and you have to try others.. Bit like on a PC but you soon get your favourite feeds....

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
The app for Android and other operating systems is XBMC or just lately renamed KODI, you then need to search out Add Ons.
TV Add Ons is one web site which can provide most of what you need.
I haven't provided links because if you cant find these thing yourself, then you're not savvy enough to use free streaming TV, and would need to buy a fully loaded box.
A quad box is really a minimum requirement.
Box's on Linux are starting to appear on the market but I haven't tried one myself.
Wiziwig have gone down as have Mash Up add ons, which does make life a little more difficult, but nothing is totally impossible with Live Streaming.

PS There are a few Live Stream Apps on Android, but most are hopeless.

:cooler:

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Being a computer "luddite" can some one please tell me if a download speed of 2.5mb/s fast enough to use this "thingamajig" ????

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not really interested in getting it on my phone , tieing it up for the sake of a more stable fixed box for fifty quid, BUT do they work, tonka says his works for films but has anyone got one that shows live football, we already have smart TV and bt sport so get plenty films and stuff, just interested in the football side of these things as its only the cost of going to one match if it works:xsmile:(y)

Rocles

Free Member
Oct 10, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
This one used to be on the Play store, but is now only available from the Amazon App Store. Auto-installs, Auto-updates, and has very good support

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Not really interested in getting it on my phone , tieing it up for the sake of a more stable fixed box for fifty quid, BUT do they work, tonka says his works for films but has anyone got one that shows live football, we already have smart TV and bt sport so get plenty films and stuff, just interested in the football side of these things as its only the cost of going to one match if it works:xsmile:(y)

If I remember when i get home and totally bored I will try the sports side of things... As people know I support West Brom and as such they always tell me I know nothing... :)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If I remember when i get home and totally bored I will try the sports side of things... As people know I support West Brom and as such they always tell me I know nothing... :)
Cheers , thanks, west brom for europe now they have a proper manager(y):xsmile:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Google Show Box

You need the app with an eye on it as there is more than one of the same name

I believe this is android only

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Cheers , thanks, west brom for europe now they have a proper manager(y):xsmile:

Well I have a live BT sport stream on now.. Hearts vs Hibbs... :)
The West Brom gate is listed for later...
There are some streams not working so you need the patience to search through.. I have never messed with how to add new lonks but I understand you can as and when things change..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back