I hate mice! (1 Viewer)

Apr 10, 2012
Warks / Leics border
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
For the three years I have had my motorhome I usually cover it up, and empty it out for 3 months through winter. I have always set mouse traps in the van but in 3 years have never seen sight of one, or caught one. This year I forgot for a week after covering and storing in the drive, and when I went in to set the traps found the little buggers had dug a hole in my drivers seat. I caught them that night and no sign in the three weeks since. We live and learn.
I obviously have to get it repaired. I may be able to save the foam underneath, but the fabric covering needs replacing. My question is should I go to Auto Sleeper for a replacement to get a match, or do these independent upholstery firms match to the Auto Sleeper design. Anyone have any knowledge? Thanks

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
So sorry about your seat :( ... I am getting really paranoid about mice in my own motorhome too .... I dread opening the door.

Don't know about your upholstery but a lot of people on here contact @Terry by pm ... top right of page under inbox and start a conversation with him. His lady does all his upholstery for his van conversions and is EXCELLENT .. She is about a third of the price of others that I know of... Well worth phoning him to have a chat.....

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi it all depends on the age of your van if AS still have stock to match -also a new seat may make the older one look tatty/tiered -it may be cheaper/more cost effective to change the whole van upholstery-no telling what AS will want for one seat -if you want Julie's number let me know
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
IMO if it happened to us which I really hope it doesn't I would be tempted to do drive and pass seats as in a MoHo it seems likely they will both be worn.

I wonder why the seat with so much to choose from? Bloody mice!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
IMO if it happened to us which I really hope it doesn't I would be tempted to do drive and pass seats as in a MoHo it seems likely they will both be worn.

I wonder why the seat with so much to choose from? Bloody mice!
They like the smell. :xThumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@Goforit I think what Terry said is good advice, or just the two front seats to complement the back upholstery .... Give Julie a ring and you may be surprised at her quotes. :)

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Dammed things! Thought we were shot of them. Hadnt had one for 4 weeks...went to check today and one in the trap under the sink. Thought they would all be hibernating somewhere by now

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Got the 50 naphaline mothballs I ordered before crimble.. So will put some in and around the van.. Got a baited "Fen trap" mk 4 set outside for the rats.. Plus 2 baited bait stations.. Do it every year, as we live among fields and have deep ditches around that 'funnel' the ba***** into our garden..
Good luck all of you.. and a trappy New year..

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Got the 50 naphaline mothballs I ordered before crimble.. So will put some in and around the van.. Got a baited "Fen trap" mk 4 set outside for the rats.. Plus 2 baited bait stations.. Do it every year, as we live among fields and have deep ditches around that 'funnel' the ba***** into our garden..
Good luck all of you.. and a trappy New year..
Did they come from this country please? I swear by mothballs but they have been taken off the market apparently in this country because of being carcinogenic .... they are trying to make a new variety that isn't .. and I want to buy some. Thank you.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Broken Link Removed :xwink:
terry
Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Looks like Terry has quicker fingers than me MOVAN. I was always told slower was better !!
Amazon in "Bestzone"
Mitch.. :)
PS. the first link is the ones I got !! Very pungent !!
Good luck..

OP
OP
Goforit
Apr 10, 2012
Warks / Leics border
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for the advice everyone. Plan is to get in touch with A-S and see if they have the seat covers or material in stock. The seat base cover is separate to the rest so may be able to get away with just that. I am glad I put all the other seating / beds (which is matching fabric) in store in the house. My van is a 2009 Broadway and the new ones have what I think is the same covering. If I can only get the material I will contact Terry to get Julie's no to see if she can make it up.
Thanks again. John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back