The best thing about 2014? (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
So what was the very best thing about being a Motorhomer in 2014?
For me it was the first trip to Germany in the van. We only had ten days but we'll be going back for a month or two during the 'Whingy Two Year World Tour Of Europe' (commencing in June 2015). An equally great thing was meeting new funster friends and catching up with the old ones.
What were your high lights? What made 2014 extra special?
P1050960.JPG

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
It was being on Shell island for us with other funsters a faantastic time was had. Roll on September when we go back :)
LOL... Kate you beat me to it... :) I came on to say exactly the same thing .... and of course, I enjoyed throwing a bucket of water over you... :) xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
whingyraindrop
Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
The best thing about 2014?

I nearly had sex... :xThumb: :xsad:

Sooooo, the Best Thing about being a Motorhomer in 2014 was NEARLY having sex and NOT actually having sex?
Hmmm, I'll have to try that...

Lorraine x

OP
OP
whingyraindrop
Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
It was being on Shell island for us with other funsters a faantastic time was had. Roll on September when we go back :)

I would love to be there in September but the Two Year Tour of Europe will be underway and, sadly, it will be too far to travel.

Lorraine x

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Joining Fun and going on our first trip with Funsters (to Morocco). After that it just continued, every trip being more icing on the cake. We've already(y)(y)(y) started again for 2015!

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I would love to be there in September but the Two Year Tour of Europe will be underway and, sadly, it will be too far to travel.

Lorraine x
shell island will be there when you get back from your tour i'm sure this meet will me an annual meet it was loved so much Loraine x

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
My Mum finally recovered from her hip operation from 3 years ago. And she got both her cataracts sorted out. I am FREE now :xThumb:

Highlights as usual was the Stratford rally, and a lovely 4 weeks spent at Jim's. I will remember 2014 mainly for the really long period of good weather.

Also it marked the 5th year of being a fulltimer. I cracked 5 years so the next 5 should be just as easy :whistle:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
And she got both her cataracts sorted out.
On the very last day of 2014 I had an eye test that showed that I am just starting to develop cataracts. "How long ..." I asked. "Can't tell," he said "could be 5 years, could be 10, could be 15". "Can I do anything to extend the time?" "Nope - it's just one of the effects of the ageing process".

It also showed that I need new lenses only 12 months after the last lot. So that's another 350 quid down the drain. Bit of a bugger this getting old business - it's starting to sneak up on me. :(

Good to hear the news about your mum though. Good news for both of you. (y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sometimes it only comes along once and in 2014 it was our trip through Europe into Morocco with various Funsters on the way. From leaving home, spending New Years Eve in Narbone eating really good food, travelling the first week in January into Spain. Stopping of at Peniscola picking Oranges and eating them off the trees (with permission ).

Travelling through the Seria Espuna with Bright Blue sky's and snow topped mountains. Stopping off at Totana camper stop and being greeted by Funsters who lived there.

Carrying on to meet up with funsters to travel on to Morocco were every single day was all I wished it would be, the beaches the mountains and good kind helpful people.

2014 was a year when it all jelled and we enjoyed every minute.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
On the very last day of 2014 I had an eye test that showed that I am just starting to develop cataracts. "How long ..." I asked. "Can't tell," he said "could be 5 years, could be 10, could be 15". "Can I do anything to extend the time?" "Nope - it's just one of the effects of the ageing process".

It also showed that I need new lenses only 12 months after the last lot. So that's another 350 quid down the drain. Bit of a bugger this getting old business - it's starting to sneak up on me. :(

After seeing Mum have the 2 ops. They don't do them at the same time I would say don't worry about it. They did it on a day surgery no overnight stay needed. She was in a little bit of pain the day after but by the 3rd day she was fine again and by the end of the week she was loving being able to read text on the TV for the first time in ages. She looked pretty scary though :eek:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Two tears ago my eye test showed I was developing cataracts they told me the same as you just wait and see, but they check me every 12 months now. Think it's a age thing.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Deffo ...MAX coming into my life.... even if I had quite a few troubles! The joy "he" brings me can't be beaten.
JJ and I had a very good time in Germany and I had to drive Max all the way back!:xsurprised:
Then our hols in Portugal with JJ (in Max for the first time).:xThumb:

On a more worrying side, my Dad recovered from a skin cancer
And Lyli, my dear friend is still alive in spite of all the health prob she has. And I hope her son's cancer won't have her.

And on a very happy tone, my daughter is now looking for a house to buy with her partner.... to fill up with...... Babies!!!! I can't wait to take Max there for a visit!!
Endly my dear boy is doing well with his nurse courses and training!

On the whole, it's been a tough year with its joys and sadness but the motorhome spirit has survived it, and hopefully will continue to live during 2015 and more ...

Frankie:xsmile:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Ordering a new coachbuilt to replace our current PVC. Other than that 2014 won't go down as either a good or bad year.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
After seeing Mum have the 2 ops. They don't do them at the same time I would say don't worry about it. They did it on a day surgery no overnight stay needed.
Yes - that's pretty much what the optometrist told me. Apparently the op is pretty straightforward. Only takes 10-20 minutes to do. There is a place in Boston (not Pilgrim!) that is supposed to be pretty good - is that where your Mum went?

Last edited:

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp

Dek has just had eye test for his 70th medical. Optician said he had 1st stage of cataracts which was good for his age. He said they would be much worse if he had not been wearing reactolite glasses for the past 20 years. Said they protect your eyes from sunlight. Never heard of that before but sounds logical?

Jul 21, 2013
Vienne France
Funster No
MH
VW T4 & MC LOUIS 671
Exp
2013 / 2004
Really horid year glad its over. The one thing that was good was getting Ela our apache 700. Only thing that kept me going through all the sH#t gave me something to look forward to.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Yes - that's pretty much what the optometrist told me. Apparently the op is pretty straightforward. Only takes 10-20 minutes to do. There is a place in Boston (not Pilgrim!) that is supposed to be pretty good - is that where your Mum went?
She definitely went to Boston, I presumed it was Pilgrim but possibly not. Might explain why she had no problems this time :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back