Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
My automatic bed works fine but we can't find the hole to put the manual winder in and as sure as god made little apples we'll need it someday can anyone help

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sure someone will be along shortly to answer this - we have a Chausson but not this type of bed! If you get stuck try sending a PM to
Spidey as she sorted a problem with hers finding out more than the dealers knew :xThumb: Alternatively search Chausson bed on here & you should find some of the threads.

Reactions: kcy

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Souix,
if it's the Flash 10 like ours, the hole for the winder is in the hump at the top of the bed. It's awkward to fit the winder in as it's opposite the widow with very little room and takes forever to wind up or down!!
Lee.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motomike

Free Member
May 2, 2012
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
since 2008
As above, the very small hole is in the wall facing hump, so difficult to locate. Had to do mine by feel. Worth a practice before you need to do it for real in the dark!
Got my bed stuck when I sent it 'up' with the pillows still in place. It got tight to the ceiling then the motors cut out. Only had to unwind (after isolating the power) a little to take the tension off the straps so I could tug the pillows out, switched electric supply back on, and the bed automatically went back to it's normal park position. Been alright since.
I reckon these mechanisms are fine...tipsy operators are not!

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Wife and I slept in ours on driveway due to heavy snow here in Sheffield last night, in-laws had to stay so gave up our bed. Not been used for 5 or 6 weeks, dropped bed down around 9pm put on Eberspacher heater and retired around 11pm. Left heater on low all night, so cosy. What a cracking little motorhome.
Lee.

OP
OP
kcy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
As above, the very small hole is in the wall facing hump, so difficult to locate. Had to do mine by feel. Worth a practice before you need to do it for real in the dark!
Got my bed stuck when I sent it 'up' with the pillows still in place. It got tight to the ceiling then the motors cut out. Only had to unwind (after isolating the power) a little to take the tension off the straps so I could tug the pillows out, switched electric supply back on, and the bed automatically went back to it's normal park position. Been alright since.
I reckon these mechanisms are fine...tipsy operators are not!
Is the bedding supposed to be removed, we leave the pillows and duvet in place just made sure they are away from the sides

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
We remove the pillows and make sure that the quilt / blanket is folded in such a way that there is still a gap to the ceiling when the bed is raised.

motomike

Free Member
May 2, 2012
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
since 2008
Is the bedding supposed to be removed, we leave the pillows and duvet in place just made sure they are away from the sides

As Geordies says...make sure there's a gap between bed and ceiling. My pillows are too thick to be left on the bed without straining the mechanism. Duvet stays put.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Lots of helpful information - that is one of the models that will be on our "hot list" when we trade in - around 3 - 4 years time.

OP
OP
kcy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Lots of helpful information - that is one of the models that will be on our "hot list" when we trade in - around 3 - 4 years time.
Morning and evenings here in portimao are quite cold, frost this morning,but the diesel heater,as standard,is wonderful. We are delighted with it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back