" The weather in Morocco where we are is ..... " (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Oh make us jealous why dont you. Weather in Glasgow minus something, hard frost outside.
Hope your having fun and next year hopefully we will get overseas too.

Queenzlander

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
goldcoast australia
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
212259-tony-abbott-091130.jpg

OP
OP
Dazzlin

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
3° 5.15am Goulmima.
Doing the gorges today.
Can you go up Todra and down Dades? They seem to link at the top, or is it not feasable in the van. Also if it is poss how long would it take please from any that have done this route.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
It looks like you can on the map but we were told its NOT possible in a regular motorhome.

IMHO The michelin map of Morocco needs to be treated as a guide only as far a Mhs are concerned.

God only knows what would happen to an eastern european lorry driver blindly obeying the satnav.

Jon

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Merzouga.
Chilly at night - 8-10°
Daytime up to 26° in shade.
Shorts from 10.30-4.30
Heating for an hour on an eve if she insists!
Yeah but you have to look at the full picture.....here in the UK we have yet another crystal clear cloudless sky with the sun coming up over the horizon with a super thick frost on the ground. You can see your breath while you walk the dog with cobwebs everywhere hanging from the trees. Absolute bliss. Add to this every pleasure known to man within walking distance and I know where I would rather be on a day like this. It is time you left that desert and made your way back to sunny blighty and civilisation .:xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
3° 5.15am Goulmima.
Doing the gorges today.
Can you go up Todra and down Dades? They seem to link at the top, or is it not feasable in the van. Also if it is poss how long would it take please from any that have done this route.

We did the gorges of Dades ..check with Tonka, went to the top then drove on and turned around and came back down, stop at the cafe and check the road down from there ..awesome

There are some photos of us there somewhere on fun
Kath

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
3° 5.15am Goulmima.
Doing the gorges today.
We tried to do this two years ago starting from DAdes and hoping to return down Todra. We got around 60% of the way and had to turn back because the road ahead was blocked with snow.
The road is quite steep in places and there is one part where the drop is of what appeared to be a few thousand feet. I'm sure it has been repaired now but a rock fall had taken away part of the edge of the road at that point so it was only just wide enough to get through. We would have turned back there and then but there was nowhere to turn round.
I think I posted a video of that part of the drive on the 2013 thread and you can hear the driver (Gwen) saying "it's a bloody long way down there!"
In my opinion not worth trying at this time of year.

OP
OP
Dazzlin

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Thanks guys.
Pitched up at Canping Auberge Atlas for today.
I think we will drive up Todra a bit further tomorrow then return to the main rd the west to Dades, up and down. Lynne gets nervous with my driving (very sedate) on decent roads - saw one a few days back.
Green route shown on michelin map all the way round but perhaps not for 4 ton vehicles!
thanks again.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Drops of thousands of feet and snow on the roads !!!! Not for us !!!! Once the wheels start to slip and "lock" you are just a spectator in nightmare !!
I know, what a wimp, but I have got away with a lot of very dangerous "stuff" in 25 years in the forces and subsequently, so, if whatever is "up there" wants my head, they are going to have to come and rip it off !! I'm not going to put it on a plate for them.... BUT, I seriously admire you folks for going and doing this sort of thing and hope you all have a fantastic time and come back safely, with great memories....
Mitch..

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Drops of thousands of feet and snow on the roads !!!! Not for us !!!! Once the wheels start to slip and "lock" you are just a spectator in nightmare !!
I know, what a wimp, but I have got away with a lot of very dangerous "stuff" in 25 years in the forces and subsequently, so, if whatever is "up there" wants my head, they are going to have to come and rip it off !! I'm not going to put it on a plate for them.... BUT, I seriously admire you folks for going and doing this sort of thing and hope you all have a fantastic time and come back safely, with great memories....
Mitch..
With you all the way on that, when I had my old Moho took the go anywhere attitude and loved it, took the back end off it a couple of times, it was fibreglass so just rematted and re sprayed it, not sure I want to do that now, Canyon Careering, now that's a young mans game, especially in a Motorhome!:xgrin:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi both, we did Todra when we went the first time, it is amazing we but the roads can get washed away up there so would try and get some local knowledge before you commit after the recent rains. We got half way but turned back and managed to get up in a Land Rover. Took one of my favourite all time pictures there. Enjoy your amazing adventures. x

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I can see your translational skills are going to come in very handy when we're in the Souks Ken, just what's required when haggling, can't wait:xcool::xsmile:
@canopus Ken's diplomatic skills are unrivalled. He has just the knack of dealing with Germans who get a bit grumpy when you park up and block their sea view at Taghazoute with a bloody great big Concorde.
An OBE in the New Years Honours List has got to be on the cards!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
@canopus Ken's diplomatic skills are unrivalled. He has just the knack of dealing with Germans who get a bit grumpy when you park up and block their sea view at Taghazoute with a bloody great big Concorde.
And a Happy New Year to you and Gwent too.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp

If you want a washing machine kens your man:xrofl::xThumb:

thraxugrut

Free Member
Jun 19, 2013
Irlam, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Pitched in Auberge Les Pyramids in Erg Chebbi.

Was about 10 degrees Celsius (estimated) on top of the grand dune there at sunset (6pm ish)

Registered 3 degrees on the thermometer when having drinks outside the camper at around 8pm

Got to -4 degrees that we noticed during the night. (outside the camper)

Heading out to camp amongst the dunes tonight, will be hitting those gorges in a few days so reading these posts has been good :)

Erg%20Chebbi%20Low%20Res.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back