Anyone left van in bond in Morocco and flown back? (1 Viewer)

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Hi, bad news we might have to fly back for a funeral. We will have to surrender the van to the authorities I believe. Anyone done it? It it cumberson and expensive?

Dick

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Did it in Greece Many many years ago.......sorry no experience in North africa. Van was still there when we went back though, they just lock it in a compound with other impounded vehicles......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Would think it would be better to get it to Europe on to somewhere where funster frequent or secure site and levee on a site for a few days.
My only experience with Moroccan customs has been when taking drilling equipment in and out of the country.
a experience I never want to repeat
bill
EDIT
There are plenty of camp sites in the Gibraltar aria to chose from

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glandwr

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
It's not about the security of the van wildman. They won't let me out of the country without the vehicle that is cross referenced with my passport. The alternatives are to pay an enomous fine or put into bond.

Dick

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
It's not about the security of the van wildman. They won't let me out of the country without the vehicle that is cross referenced with my passport. The alternatives are to pay an enomous fine or put into bond.

Dick
would it not be cheaper to take it to jib and live in secure parking for a few days.
bill

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
After seeing the amount of scrap some of those coaches take into the country of the ferry i find it strange they wont let you leave a decent MH there and fly out :xsmile:

OP
OP
Glandwr

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Thank you all for the advice but I have looked at it a bit more. It would be definitely cheaper to do it here. To take it to Gib or Spain I would have to drive 17 hrs (700miles)to Tangier, use a lot of diesel at 20 mpg! And spend many hours sorting a ferry that is only 20 mins sailing time. I’m right down south.

Actual cost to leave in secure parking in bond at Marrakesh airport (only 3.5hrs north) is 30 dirams a day (£2 25p). I still don’t know though the amount of paperwork and bureaucracy involved, that was the main part of my query.

Dick

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I looked at doing it this year on the Morocco 2014 trip as I like to come back for a week mid Feb as we have a few birthdays and grandkids off school.. Read up as much as I could but in the end decided not to do it.
It doesn't seem too complicated but timescale may be the issue, get to airport well early before the flight so you have time sort everything with customs. I understand they run a wire through the wheels etc and seal it. Give you a receipt on when you fly back in you provide the receipt and vehicle is released..
I think at Agadir you can do similar and they have budget flights to UK.
Good luck, please report back if you go ahead with it..

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back