Funster
Jan 3, 2008
Champagnac-La-Riviere
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, we will be there from 1st Feb for a week. Smashing site CCC CS site, hardstanding, hookup and shower £10 a night. I,m told by the owner they have had the big rigs in so size not a prob although narrow road leading to site. Site is called Riverside camp site. Anyone else fancy it? ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
M

Mrs Munchie

Funster
Jan 3, 2008
Champagnac-La-Riviere
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Mrs Brusce have sent you a pm.

Ronidog

Hi Dave so do you. You sound as if you know the place? We were there in November bought a new m/home from Midgleys at Skipton and it will be our first outing in it. 5 mins from dealer nod nod wink wink if you know what I mean. Have to say I'm impressed with them so far old fashioned family firm who went the extra mile for us. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ronidog

Free Member
Aug 14, 2008
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
hello again

Cononley is a good spot. Good access to urban and rural areas.

The Airedal train line is good if you don't feel like driving.

I live nearby and can recommend some excellent walks in the surroounding countryside.
Attractions include:
Bradford - the national museum of media, the Alhamra theatre
Haworth - Keighley and worth valley railway, Bronte museum etc
Ilkley and Ilkey moor - including prehistoric carved rocks.
Skipton is a good small shopping centre with local traders, it also has the castle.

Let me know if you want some details.

Midgleys vans were a bit big for me so I did the reverse to you and went to Devon conversions at Darlington.

Ronidog

Milo

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Lancaster, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Ilkey moor - including prehistoric carved rocks.
Skipton is a good small shopping centre with local traders, it also has the castle.

And canal and chip shop!

I've travelled through Ilkley on average about once a month for about ten years (and occasionally over the moor too) and :Blush: was quite unaware of all the prehistoric carvings, etc., which I've now been looking at on the Megalithic Portal.

Ilkley & Wharfedale | Ilkley Hotel | Ilkley Self-catering cottages | Ilkley B&B | Ilkley events | Ilkley Restaurants. might provide me with a pamphlet on this, I guess.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back