Last nights Motorhome Channel........ (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I have been looking forward to the new programmes every fortnight, but the last few weeks seem to have dropped off in quality and content culminating in last nights absolute garbage (sorry). Not only was it totally cobbled together from clips of previous programmes, but nearly half of the show was lifted directly from the last show! After fast forwarding the pointless bits the whole thing lasted less than 5 minutes. I can't see this being good news for their advertisers, and makes it a waste of time for me.

Don't get me wrong, I would love the show to be professional and interesting and appreciate it's a niche market, but oh dear, it's really come off the rails. It started to grate a few weeks ago when they kept saying Upton upon Severn was in the Wye valley (clue in the name?), and has continued downhill at a pace. Please improve it!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You mean somebody actually WATCHES the MH channel!!! Amazing!!! :xeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
The Caravan and Motorhome industry is worth around £6 Billion to the UK economy and employs about 115,000 people.

The 'best' programme that the Motorhome industry can produce to promote itself is a 30 minute mishmash every other week hidden away in the back waters of television fodder.

What a disgrace!

Money is pumped into the Industry by people like me and you and all we get in return to show the benefits of our labours is the poorly devised and ineptly produced Motorhome Channel offering.

Surely those who have grown rich at our expense should be accountable for their shortcomings and give us a better return for our money by producing a TV programme that extols the virtues of Motorhome ownership and not make us deride their feeble attempts.

Let us rise up as one and make our voice heard!

I'm off for a drink – you lot get on with it.

:france::france::france::france::france:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
So there's a commercial opportunity for Jim...

...first there was the MotorhomeFun YouTube channel...

...and now...

MotorhomeFunTV

...or...

The MotorhomeFun Channel

Just need to find some suitable/competent presenters from amongst the membership.

:think:

:wondering:

:shake:

OK.....scrap that idea.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
The Caravan and Motorhome industry is worth around £6 Billion to the UK economy and employs about 115,000 people.

The 'best' programme that the Motorhome industry can produce to promote itself is a 30 minute mishmash every other week hidden away in the back waters of television fodder.

What a disgrace!

Money is pumped into the Industry by people like me and you and all we get in return to show the benefits of our labours is the poorly devised and ineptly produced Motorhome Channel offering.

Surely those who have grown rich at our expense should be accountable for their shortcomings and give us a better return for our money by producing a TV programme that extols the virtues of Motorhome ownership and not make us deride their feeble attempts.

Let us rise up as one and make our voice heard!

I'm off for a drink – you lot get on with it.

:france::france::france::france::france:

Hardly a niche market then

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
must agree, it is very poor, that Neil whatshisname loves to show himself rather than the motorhomes he's reviewing. It looks like something the local school has produced.

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
He adores pull-up plug sockets and change gear indicators whilst ignoring beds that only fit vertically challenged people and any evidence of poor quality construction. Don't upset the advertisers in the magazine appears to be the sole criteria when reviewing.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I used to enjoy it and look forward to it, but this season has started off not so hot and went down hill ..

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Two minutes of that geezer waving his arms about when describing something and I'm dizzy and have to go for a lie down.
Mrs BB shouts at me for shouting at him and then the guy from Road Pro comes on and shouts at everybody ...........:xrofl:
And of course there's the patronising old goat who enjoys telling us stuff we might have wanted to know 25 years ago. I think he's got a very small caravan and was formerly a Chief Warden at one of Britain's foremost Club Sites.:rolleyes:
Stopped watching much to Mrs BB's relief.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've never watched a full episode....I find it impossible.
As for Fun Tv, :) I have thought about video reviews and content, but the thing is, it is so hard to produce good video. We are so used to seeing things on our TVs with such high production values and anything less, looks and sounds awful.

Last edited:

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
And I thought it was just me thought it had gone down the drain. The PM guy speaks so that quick I wonder how he manages to breath, also comes over a very muffled to me. There is also too much time as other posters have said with the cameras on the presenters rather than the van or the site.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
As Jim said we are used to good TV and anything else is not worth Watching.
British mainstream TV is the best in the world.
More money is spent on a mainstream advert than on Motorhome Channel.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Well, what can I say, didn't even know there was such a channel!!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Like a few here I have never managed to watch a full show :oops:
Last time I posted about the quality of presenters
a member replied Andy is a funster:xdoh:
Surely Techno would have more sense than go on this TV channel ... !!!:xeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back