Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I want WARTS AND ALL. please.

Do you mean X250 based ? Plenty of warts there. But surely you know this.

The debate is, buy now and hope or wait 'till well into 2009/10 when the new gearbox will be fitted.

We have a pre-X250 Burstner, nothing much wrong with that engine/chassis.

Brian.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Can I have any comments on the above, the model with the fixed bed in the rear, and please don't be afraid to be truthful, I want WARTS AND ALL. please.

Hi,

Have a word with our Andy, he is a fellow MH owner for many years and is pretty honest

We have a Bolero 680FB in stock if you want to try one.

Peter

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I have had 2 Swift vans, both with 2002 plates, with 32000m on the clock, so far I have had the following work done.

1 relay for the computer 126 euro (water ingress, this is not swift but fiats fault)
1 garage door £1400.00 the gas struts failed and the door fell off (and I had to repair the repair)
1 shower try £800.00 ( there was no support under the plastic so it was free to move)
1 Kitchen tap £26.00 (I fitted)
1 Shower tap £00.00 (I repaired)
Numerous hinges falling off the lockers ( this is a ongoing problem I now glue them in)
1 accommodation door (delaminated) still to have the workdone) £600.00

I would not and could not recommend any swift product, but if you are only going to use it for a couple of weeks a year and like us, 8 months a year then the may be ok for a few years but they are definately up to constant use.

Good luck. Doug..

Jack the Rev

Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
Bolero

Hi
We have a 2007 Swift Bolero with a fixed bed and can truthfully say its the best van we've ever had. Its well put together and we've have very few problems. Its beautiful to drive and I don't seem to have the gear problems others talk about. I've covered about 5,000 miles in it trouble free and can highly recommend it to you.

Give me a ring or email me if you want to talk more.

Jack the Rev

OP
OP
roadtraveller

roadtraveller

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Funster No
Exp
20 years plus
Thanks Peter.
We went today to view a Bolero fb, its a lovely van, but no thanks, not for us, its not a patch on our Autocruise Starblazer, so we're sticking to what we have already, but thanks for taking the time to reply.
The main reason why we did'nt like it were:-
1. Not enough storage space inside or out.
2. The step down into the kitchen, (clearly dangerous)
3. Insufficient space inside the bathroom by the sink.
4. The doorway into the van, very narrow, and impossible if you were carrying anything into the interior.
5. Not enough worktop space, in the kitchen.
6. The loss of cupboard space due to the ceiling sunlight.

P.S. We have owned Autocruise vans, since they started up, so I hope "Swift", doesn't mess up all the hard work, and the good will the old "Autocruise" work force achieved throughout this time.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
To be honest I can never understand any one changes a MH they have been happy with and spending thousands of pounds extra just to get a newer one.

Possibly if you have a growing family, but we have had customers changing every year.

Peter

OP
OP
roadtraveller

roadtraveller

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Funster No
Exp
20 years plus
Hi Peter, family grown up now, the only reason we would like to change the Starblazer, is we don't like the bed acroos the back, the way it is placed, O/H has to climb over me to get out of bed, he is getting too old and crickety to do this anymore, that's the only reason. There are some new models coming up, we will look later on.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
O/H has to climb over me to get out of bed, he is getting too old and crickety to do this anymore, that's the only reason. There are some new models coming up, we will look later on.

I hope you've not told him this... about looking for a new 'model' ... :roflmto::Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back