Free Member
Dec 21, 2014
Clay Cross, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 696
Exp
Hi to Everyone.
My wife Ena and I retired just a year ago and after caravanning on and off since the Eighties we have recently taken the plunge into a motorhome. After a lot of research, looking around and good advice we bought a 2007 Autotrail Cheyenne 696 lowline on the Ducato 2.3 chassis with 18,000 miles on the clock. We have only had it a few weeks but tried it out and ran into a few teething problems - water in diesel filter warning light coming on, handbrake not holding and the leisure batteries going flat with little use overnight. To cut a long story short we bought it with warranty and it's back in for the second time for an auto electrician to sort the battery problem and have the handbrake sorted (the warning light was only a faulty sensor).
We really like the Cheyenne and it's a great layout for us with it's huge bed and great driving position (I'm 6' 5") and the garage is good size for storage. The problems haven't put us off and we're looking forward to regular use in the UK and an extended trip to France and the Dordogne planned.
We look forward to reading the threads and hopefully participating in all aspects of MotorhomeFun.

Phil and Ena

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hello Phil and welcome in

We are just up the road in Bolsover, I am a willing listener and have learnt a good few things in our first 2 years motor homing that I am very happy to share when and if needed

Not brilliant on the techy stuff, useless on the practical but love the whole package of MHing an enthusiastic amateur

Somebody on here will usually have an answer, but then someone will be along soon after with a better solution, typically both giving the same answer with a different slant

Read, ask and enjoy your MH, use it as much as you can :)(y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
downloadfile.gif

OP
OP
Phil J.

Phil J.

Free Member
Dec 21, 2014
Clay Cross, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 696
Exp
Thanks David. We are in Clay Cross and, no doubt, I'll need to pick yours and other Funsters brains from time to time!
We hope to get ours back next week. It's been a bit frustrating as we took it in before we went on holiday 3 weeks ago and left it with the dealer giving them ample time to sort it. They replaced one of the 2 leisure batteries but they went flat again overnight when we got it home. Clearly there is a drain on the batteries from somewhere so i feel more comfortable that they're getting a professional in to sort it.
There's a few bits I want to get done including fitting a 100w solar panel.
Thanks again.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thanks David. We are in Clay Cross and, no doubt, I'll need to pick yours and other Funsters brains from time to time!
We hope to get ours back next week. It's been a bit frustrating as we took it in before we went on holiday 3 weeks ago and left it with the dealer giving them ample time to sort it. They replaced one of the 2 leisure batteries but they went flat again overnight when we got it home. Clearly there is a drain on the batteries from somewhere so i feel more comfortable that they're getting a professional in to sort it.
Thanks again.

Typical ask anybody on here and they would say if one battery is dodgy change them all, dealers I guess will try to minimise their costs and just fit one. Still a good chance if they change both it will fix things

But best let them look first

We had a solar panel fitted by Automate from Newark, done on our own drive, plenty of threads on here about solar

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN and as you will soon find out this is the best forum on the net for all and any motorhome related question you may have. :xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Hello and welcome to you both. We are also M.H. virgins a nod have pestered 'this lot' with loads of questions . . . . & they have always gone beyond our expectations with advice + practical help.

Welcome to the best M.H. Forum :welc:

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
Hi Phil and welcome to Fun. You're in good company because it's amazing the number that downgraded from a caravan to a motorhome. Probably needed less exercise on arrival at the destination.xroll:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
welcome.jpg

The only daft question is the one you don't ask..... however be very prepared for some daft answers among the gems.

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello Phil and Ena keep Positive thinking once all this is sorted out you will feel more confident going away in it in the new year, all those Adventures just waiting for you we are still very new to our MH but love it so much we are away every month even if its only a couple of days

Pamie & Nigel

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Thanks again.
:xThumb: Hi Ena & Phil and a Big welcome to Fun.................. from close to Holmegate :xlaugh:
Notice I put the important people first :xrofl: be lovely to catch up with you somewhere along the way.

OP
OP
Phil J.

Phil J.

Free Member
Dec 21, 2014
Clay Cross, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 696
Exp
Hi Everyone and a special thanks to all the Funsters who have left welcome messages.
I totally agree about changing both leisure batteries but, as you find with some dealers unfortunately, getting them to spend on legitimate rectification work is like getting blood out of a stone!! Hopefully, the auto electrician who is attending it today will advise them of the need.
Best Wishes

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi & welcome, we're not far away, just over the other side of the M1:welc:
We too had caravanned for years and took the plunge to change to a motorhome in September and wish we'd done it sooner:xThumb:

Lots of brilliant, helpful folks on here.

OP
OP
Phil J.

Phil J.

Free Member
Dec 21, 2014
Clay Cross, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 696
Exp
Hi Phil and welcome to Fun. You're in good company because it's amazing the number that downgraded from a caravan to a motorhome. Probably needed less exercise on arrival at the destination.xroll:

Or upgraded depending on how you look at it! :xgrin:

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome to the fun, were here in Shropshire parked up at our daughters looking out at the Clee hills (well we would be if it wasn't pitch black)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back