Al-Di trip in search of the sun (1 Viewer)

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Well we finally arrived at Rio Formosa today at 1530 hrs, and what a journey,
left home on Tuesday at 1500 to take the chunnel at 0125 wed morn(ha ha) got to tunnel just after midnight(in rain) to be told train cancelled and next would be 0325, whic eventually left at 0410(not happyat this point) came of train + 1hr and head to montrueil sur mer(thanks david) N50'27,566' E1'45,563' arrive 0630 slept till noon,
left at 1300 and pushed through the horrible rain,(pattern forming) avoiding tolls but plenty accidents to arrive at Neuille pont pierre N47'32,888' E0'33,187' @ 2300hrs which is no longer there but across road is a college with open car park, so park up no services(still raining) got up and away by 0700, stuff the no tolls and hit the motorway and pushed on to san sebastion to find the aire we wanted was being restructerd so closed, quick scan found this N44'58,5498' W00'24,2959 @saint andre de cuozac la lagure, fantastic with free born dump and drive over, officially only 2 marked bays but a massive carpark at the borne, resturant/bar down road 200 mtrs food pricey(chicken/chips 10 e each wine 5e beer 2 e), good nights rest and late start noon headed for carceras (in rain till burgos) then FOG and we had this till we stopped at carceras, we went to find an aire N39'28,50' W6'22,42' well we nearly demolished the roof of the MH overhanging balconies and very narrow streets do not go well with a MH then the entrance was blocked by a skip(arrrrrrrrrrgh) so we found our way out and park at a new services at side of m/way only ones there,got the beer and wine and sod it, got up (now saturday) at 1100 in thick fog and freezing temps, fuelled up and made a steady but slowish run to here clearing fog at seville ,
here for a week so will try to update, dont know how to add pic;s as there on camera so will add when back,

Oh it was sunny when we arrived(lol)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sounds like a bit of an epic, but glad you arrived in one piece.

Hard to advise how to get pictures off your camera as it depends so much on your hardware. If you have the lead which came with your camera and you are using a laptop you should be able to just connect them together but with a tablet things are usually so easy. For Android you should be able to use what is called an OTG cable and an SD card reader but by far the simplest is to do it wirelessly. If the camera doesn't have this feature you can get wireless SD cards.

OP
OP
Al-Di

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
to complicated for me , but thanks for the info, pic's can wait till i can get on a proper computer, these tablet thingies dont do it for me, Ha Ha,can hardly see the damn screen and thats with my glasses on,

its nice and sunny but with a little chill in air which will burn off very quickly, going out to see whats around us and then put the christmas dec's up and get festive,

more later,
Alan = Diane,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
ignoring sections of cheap tolls when no fast alternative makes little sense to me, A16 towards Rouen one of them, also A63 to border. The rest via mainly relativity fast N roads can be done comfortably.......

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just spotted a type in my reply above:

" but with a tablet things are usually so easy."

Should read:

" but with a tablet things are NOT usually so easy."

:xgrin:

OP
OP
Al-Di

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
yes but e70 from tours to bordeaux was a little dear, anyway going back on boat from santander, the price diffrence is negligable taking into tolls and fuel and traveling days its a no brainer, get 2 more days down here(lol).

its about 20'deg at moment and starting to cool, beer drunk piri piri eaten and content with life,

the sun is shining, but havent found any funsters on this site yet, most are long stay residents, some atre even off to spain in new year for 3mths, I must have done something wrong in a previous life(lol)

back to the beer, see ya,

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
And why not many use it! sounds like you need to do your homework........

From tours -D910 - N10 - A63 (toll) I can get from tunnel to border with one overnight stop cost less than £20

lots of threads on here re westerly routes using the search function

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Al-Di, you say there was a skip across the entrance to the Caceres aire, was that the entrance to the Park ? Do you know the reason for this ?
We are heading down that way in the new year and usually use Caceres as a stop

RD

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Al-Di, you say there was a skip across the entrance to the Caceres aire, was that the entrance to the Park ? Do you know the reason for this ?
We are heading down that way in the new year and usually use Caceres as a stop

RD
There's an aire/campsite off the A62 opposite a Cepsa garage
41° 3'29.62"N 5°32'44.92"W if closed use the layby where the lorries park up we stayed there with Sundowners before

OP
OP
Al-Di

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
dont know why skip was there, it was dark and very thick fog so couldn't see much, plus there was a lot of overhanging balconies i was trying to avoid so just glad i got out of there,
judgemental, this is our 1st trip abroad in a M/H, and I did loads of pre planning, but sat in torrential rain somewhere in France on I believe the D901 waiting for bodies to be removed from an accident was not my idea of fun, and then when moving to have a nother accident within 10miles got right up my nose, so it was quickest option from then on, dont misunderstand but i only have a few weeks not months, just a little shocked at the tolls cost,

anyway back to today, started sunny now cloudy with a chill in air,

trying a JJ pie for tea, he wont miss one, had a wander round nice enough area going on train to tavira/faro in morning, shopping,

Alan +Diane,

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Thanks for that AL-DI, from your description I think you might have been looking in the wrong place, I have been to the aire at Caceres about 12 times at least in the past 10 years and not once have we come across low balconies.

The entrance to the aire is in a wide road and big wide gates. Your coordinates look to be just a tad out.

RD

OP
OP
Al-Di

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
co-ords from searchforasite .co.uk so no idea if out or not but deffo did not look anything like the pic's,

well the pie was lets say edible(just) so tonights is film and wine evening,

tomorrow nights is

Bingo(whoppee)

drinky poohs with the neighbours on Christmas eve & jacobs table

and we have a turkey(lol)
not sure how to pluck it yet boiling water probably best like chicken,(any tips)

cant find sprouts at moment

Alkan + Diane,

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
cant find sprouts at moment.
Sounds like a perfect holiday. Stop looking and keep it so.

Only joking, time is running out to get them on the boil in time to be ready. Hope you find them!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I am glad you have got there and found the sunx:-)

We haven't been abroad with our mh yet and please don't be offended but this is one thread I won't be showing Les, it'd be too stressful for himxroll::xlaugh:

I am enjoying reading of your antics though, sounds great to me:xThumb::xwink:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Enjoy it, Al and Di.

"The pie was edible (just)"?
Not a Holland's, then?
Have a great Christmas.
John & Pauline.

Last edited:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
There's an aire/campsite off the A62 opposite a Cepsa garage
41° 3'29.62"N 5°32'44.92"W if closed use the layby where the lorries park up we stayed there with Sundowners before

Thanks to Al Di for an interesting post

We went to Li Dl in Coventry and found rain.:xrofl:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
co-ords from searchforasite .co.uk so no idea if out or not but deffo did not look anything like the pic's,

well the pie was lets say edible(just) so tonights is film and wine evening,

tomorrow nights is

Bingo(whoppee)

drinky poohs with the neighbours on Christmas eve & jacobs table

and we have a turkey(lol)
not sure how to pluck it yet boiling water probably best like chicken,(any tips)

cant find sprouts at moment

Alkan + Diane,
Sounds like wrong sort of co ords to me, don't know why there is two different sorts , nearly caught us out last summer

OP
OP
Al-Di

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
@johnp10 deffo not hollands(lol) prefer Greenhalghs anyway,

Well after dragging my butt all over the place in search of the Sprout, we eventually found some hiding down at side street in an Engish supermarket(typical),

and more important(for me) Custard powder, cant have chrissy pud without,

sorted the Turkey, sprouts found, stuffing made up so were on a roll,

Diane's busy making mince pies and scones, and I'm chilling with a small glass,

get together with the neighbours tomorrow, and get the leccy pluged in for a few days to top everything up,

so a couple of days R&R, then look at moving on,

think i should of brought the bikes, will learn for next time,

bye for now

Alan + Diane.

OP
OP
Al-Di

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
We move onto Quatteria by the beach for 2days(no wifi) then to Portomao for the rest of our break, left on the 8th and drove up middle of Portugal saw some friends at Pedrogoa Grande, reduced the price on our house as advised(wait and see) then onwards to Santander for the boat on Saturday night which was delayed by 3hrs, due to bad weather and it was rough coming back but managed to keep it all in;) arrived back home Monday 0600, washing done van has a quick clean and draindown till weather improves,

will dig out camera and post pic's soon,

did we find the Sun:):)(y)

you bet ya cant wait to do it again,(y)(y)

Alan + Diane,

OP
OP
Al-Di

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp