Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
:party2:Do any of you experts with computers able to tell/show me how to find the E-mail address for someone who, you have the address and full name but cannot find a phone no ( ex directory) and know of anyone who lives near to them ??Just to add difficulty I do not nor will I use social media sites :reel:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
DB beat me to it !
We often forget how useful the postal service can be nowadays.. And how good it makes folk feel when they get a REAL letter !

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I'll sort it for you.... Dear Fred, what's your email address... regards Bert.

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
01258667733 possibly :xwink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I do not nor will I use social media sites

fair enough.. but you are depriving yourself of a very useful resource..

I have just found a cousin on FB who I hadn't seen since 1970 when I got married and eventually emigrated to RSA .. We had been close friends and were both members of a band.. ..
Sadly, he didn't reply on FB, probably an old account, but he had a 'like' from a Baptist Church in Liverpool .. so I contacted this church who confirmed he been the minister for many years but had now retired to live in France and they would contact him and pass on my message.. I'm hopeful we can go and meet up again..

so.. from a wild search on FB I have now (hopefully) found my lost cousin and his family who live in Liverpool

I have also used it to trace family in Canada, NZ and Australia ..

Facebook can be what you want it to be.. as private or as open as you want.. for me it is a good research tool.. and I also keep in touch with family in Scotland and Canada..

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I decided recently to put my name (only) on Faecebook in case anyone from the past wanted to contact me, but I don't use it for any other purpose. An old friend of mine from 30 years ago did likewise before I did, and that was how I was able to get in touch with him. I Googled his name and his Faecebook account came up, so I asked my Faecebook user daughter to contact him on my behalf. I'm glad I was able to get in touch with him - we've met up a few times and we still get on very well. It's possible to just dip your small toe in social media without diving in head first. I draw the line at Twitter - forget that.

There's also a thing called LinkedIn which professionals (and aspiring professionals) like to use to pretend they know lots of people. That sometimes turns up in Google searches.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Saying you went on Facebook once and it was rubbish so never again is a little bit like saying "I read a letter once and it was stupid so I won't be reading any letters again."

JJ :cool:

very true, it's also like scrapping a phone to stop nuisance calls .. you deal with the problem, not deprive yourself of the phone ..

noses and faces come to mind ... a good example..

when I were a wee lad my great aunts were one of the first in our village to have a phone installed.. .. I still recall the number.. Lochwinnoch 301 , but my dad said he would never have one as there was a perfectly good call box in the village :rolleyes:

... so all through my teenage years I had to walk to the village call box, (about a mile) to speak to my girlfriend or whoever.. then believe it or not, the day I left home he installed a phone ..xroll:

anyway.. forgive my musings..

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I too found someone I'd worked with in Hackney in the early 70's, me not long married and him our Saturday boy in the shop. We used to play football together but went our separate ways like you do. Put a name in the search facility and unless it's very common it's not too difficult to work out which may the the one you're looking for even if they don't share anything with all and sundry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back