Leisure Battery Alarm (1 Viewer)

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
My leisure battery charger unit has suddenly started sounding a high-pitched alarm:Eeek: whenever I turn on the ignition (and it continues with the engine running)

I've tried switching all 12 volt systems off but it just won't stop, any ideas?:Sad:

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
The battery charger should not switch on unless you are connected to mains electricity.

if you have an inverter running off the battery then that sounds am alarm if the battery is too low to run the inverter.

Phil.

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
or you need a new battery poss not holing charge the winter shows up probs like this

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Linda and Steph
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
The battery charger should not switch on unless you are connected to mains electricity.

if you have an inverter running off the battery then that sounds am alarm if the battery is too low to run the inverter.

Phil.

Nope, nothing connected :cry:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Wonder if yours is a Rapido. The control panel over the door produces a high pitched beep on turning on the ignition which stops after a few seconds. I have no idea what it indicates but everything seems to work properly.:Cool:

OP
OP
Linda and Steph
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Wonder if yours is a Rapido. The control panel over the door produces a high pitched beep on turning on the ignition which stops after a few seconds. I have no idea what it indicates but everything seems to work properly.:Cool:

Not a Rapido.

The charger is a CBE A920 with some sort of automatic unit connected between the charger and the battery - CSB 40-B. I think the sound is coming from this unit rather than the charger itself, also, if I move any of the wiring slightly the pitch and volume change.

I have instructions in several languages but, unfortunately, not English.

Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Mercedes viano
There is a Google translate app that you point your phone at and it translates, great when like me, you have a Japanese import!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back