Satellite television set-up (1 Viewer)

M

mike241246

Deleted User
Hi everyone.
I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction .....
I recently bought a satellite dish kit incl. [dish. finder, tripod] for use in the motorhome.
I then bought a Konig free to air receiver connected it to the ASTRA 2A-2B-2D Satellite which works fine, I can pick up Sky News and also programmes from.. Germany, France, Spain, Poland, Holland, Austria....BUT I can't pick up programmes from the UK including ITV.BBC etc.
I would really appreciate someone suggesting anything that I might be doing wrong.

Many Thanks for all your help .......... Mike

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi everyone.
I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction .....
I recently bought a satellite dish kit incl. [dish. finder, tripod] for use in the motorhome.
I then bought a Konig free to air receiver connected it to the ASTRA 2A-2B-2D Satellite which works fine, I can pick up Sky News and also programmes from.. Germany, France, Spain, Poland, Holland, Austria....BUT I can't pick up programmes from the UK including ITV.BBC etc.
I would really appreciate someone suggesting anything that I might be doing wrong.

Many Thanks for all your help .......... Mike

Hi Mike,

It is possible that you are tuned into Asta 1 at 19.1 degrees, rather than Astra 2D at 28.2 degrees, with an elevation of between 22 -25 degrees depending on where you are in the UK. I us e a Globesat, so these figures may differ slightly for an ordinary dish.

Try using this site for info. www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk It really is very informative for novices through to the experienced.

HTH<

Jock.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It is possible that you are tuned into Asta 1 at 19.1 degrees, rather than Astra 2D at 28.2 degrees, with an elevation of between 22 -25 degrees depending on where you are in the UK. I us e a Globesat, so these figures may differ slightly for an ordinary dish.

Spot on Jock....

Hi Mike
Keep the same elevation and turn the dish SLOWLY toward East. the next strong signal will be Astra 2D, elevation in S England is about 24deg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I dont know if this link will help ?? :thumb:

Link Removed

Dont think I did that right,, not highlighted,,:Doh: try typing address..

Oh yes it is,, getting good with this puter lark,, :winky:

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
sattelite finding

hi mike
i bought a similar set up to you, and initially the reciever( sat box) was pre loaded with channels most of them were foriegn.
what i did was to do a channel search for all free to air channels, i then went through all the channels (over 1000) and added the english ones to the favourit channel, and deleting the foriegn ones from the favourites channel.
ended up with over 100 channels in favourites.
when i turn my reciever on the favourites come on straight away.
on the remote of mine is a favourites button.
worked for me.

live long and prosper:roflmto:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
M

mike241246

Deleted User
TV Satellie

Thanks Bevo,
It worked for me as well, I now seem to be receiving every station that is being transmitted from Scotland to Cornwall in english..... plus many more European stations.

Many thanks for all your help............... Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back