Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
we've had some heavy rain recently & discovered that the Dometic window in the bedroom is leaking. I removed the internal unit & can see light in 2 places at the top of the external unit as I look out from inside round the frame. Not happy as it seems Autotrail are just shoddy at installing these things. All the others we've had leak were repaired under warranty but as I'm on the Algarve for the winter I'll have to fork out for this repair. Can anyone tell me the cost I can expect to be charged? The window is about 90x60cm & Its assume they have to get the external part out, clean it up, reseal and install?

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
About 6-8 euros for a tube of stuff similar to Sikaflex or even Sikaflex if you go down to Camperserve on the N125 and do it yourself it is so easy or have a ride to Pedro's place and we will do it at no charge

OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Thanks for the offer laneside! It's Camperserve who will be visiting tomorrow to give me a quote & I wondered what I should expect? When you say use silkaflex do you mean remove the external unit, clean up & then replace using a good bead of Silkaflex? How difficult is it to get the external part out? Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Thanks for the offer laneside! It's Camperserve who will be visiting tomorrow to give me a quote & I wondered what I should expect? When you say use silkaflex do you mean remove the external unit, clean up & then replace using a good bead of Silkaflex? How difficult is it to get the external part out? Cheers
If the old seal has had it I would guess pretty easy...

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Knowing how certain builders put them in a good draught should blow the outer out once you have removed the inner screen. It should be a nice easy job and I would love to be a fly on the wall when Camperserve see how it was fitted from new

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back