New Year Meet Attendees - Update! (1 Viewer)

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Well in less than a week our New Year Meet at Grantham will be in full swing, gearing up for a fabulous New Years Eve, if last years meet is anything to go by :ROFLMAO:

I just wanted to give you an update as we are so close to the meet.

Whilst there are enough Electric Hookups for all, due to the nature of the site some of the motorhomes may not be as close as they could be to a connection. So if you have any hookup extensions and/or splitters, please bring them.

If any of you lot enjoy a bit of fishing, there is a canal that runs alongside the site so if you fancy a bit of worm drowning then please feel free to bring your gear (Geo? :winky:).

By Monday evening, most of the Funsters will have arrived so to give everyone a chance to say hello, Suzy and I are proposing an infomal 'meet & greet' over a cup of coffee (or tea) on Tuesday morning. Just by way of an icebreaker.
So just come along (bring a cup) at 10:30 on Tuesday morning to either the Motorhomefun marquee if it's already up, or to our RV if it isn't ::bigsmile:

The meal on New Years Eve is all organised -They'd like to be serving the food at 8pm so I think it would be a good idea if we can be in the restaurant at 7:30; that should give them enough time to take the orders, feed us, and knock off in time to enjoy the New Year celebrations themselves :ROFLMAO::thumb:

On the morning of January 1st, Suzy will be doing bacon and sausage baps like she did last year. Don't worry, no alarm clock needed :Eeek:. If you stroll, crawl or roll your way over to the marquee for about 11:00am you should find a like minded crowd of carnivores offsetting the almost totally liquid intake of the night before :roflmto::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, that's it from us, except to say have a very Merry Christmas and we look forward to seeing you in about a week!::bigsmile:

Bryan & Suzy:yeah:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thanks for the update bryan........wont be there 'til tuesday afternoon but if you'de like to save me a coffee please feel free......white, two sugars please. :ROFLMAO:

see you all there. :thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
thanks for the update bryan........wont be there 'til tuesday afternoon but if you'de like to save me a coffee please feel free......white, two sugars please. :ROFLMAO:

see you all there. :thumb:

Same here Bryan, although I hope to be there in time for a lunchtime pint. :ROFLMAO:

Jock.

PM on its way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
New Years Day
Breakfast in bed please Suzy, bacon crispy, no sauaage, Tea first thing not coffee. and not before 11.30:thumb:
See Yall there:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
R U taking the orders for breakfast yet Bryan:winky:

Better send you to bed at 3 am if your going to working NY day:roflmto:

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
New Years Day
Breakfast in bed please Suzy, bacon crispy, no sausage, Tea first thing not coffee. and not before 11.30:thumb:
See Yall there:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

no sausage? I should think not! I'll have you know that Suzy is a respektabul lady ::bigsmile: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You bringing yer rod then Geo? :whistle: :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Route advice!

Hi,

For any attendee that hasn't been to the Dirty Duck before, here is a word of advice.

If you are approaching via the A1 southbound, DON'T be a slave to tomtom :ROFLMAO:

There is an interesting canal bridge you will have to navigate (or not) if you do :winky:

Best thing to do is stay on the A1 for an extra couple of miles and exit onto the A607 toward Harlaxton. After Harlaxton, leave the A607 aiming for Denton and go through the village aiming for Belvoir castle. Enter village of Woolsthorpe and at the crossroads turn right onto Sedgebrook Road (if it's signposted :Doh:). A short distance later, turn right and along a hundred yards or so the Dirty Duck/Rutland Arms is on the left.

HTH but if you need further help, just reply to this post or please feel free to ring the site and ask for better directions :Smile::ROFLMAO:

Bryan

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well sneaked out for 2 hours and washed my bus not great but it was smothered in mud before:Blush:

Cant wait to get Xmas over:shout:(barr humbug:roflmto:)

Jun 21, 2008
Haxey, Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for the update Bryan we also wont be arriving till early Tuesday afternoon having spent all Xmas in bed with the flu we are looking forward to a bit of fun and a pint or two

Regards John & Ruth

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back