Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I'm off to the van storage this afternoon. Now that freezing weather is coming closer it is time to drain out all the water and leave the taps open with the power off.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I'm off to the van storage this afternoon. Now that freezing weather is coming closer it is time to drain out all the water and leave the taps open with the power off.

I've been pooing myself for a week.. finally got it done yesterday afternoon by reported temps yesterday am were -2 so I hope I was in time..

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Done mine but nearly forgot to drain hot water tank and run pump

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Always do mine when I think it might have had its last outing of the year and if it's not then it doesn't take to long to refill the tank and flush out the pipes and taps etc. That way if we suddenly get a cold spell I don't get caught out, hopefully. :xThumb:

Reactions: GJH

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The Miller had an auto dump valve for the boiler.. I reet pain in the nethers it was too!

Fine if you are parking the van up over winter, but the only way to keep it emptying the system when travelling around mid winter was to cable tie it closed any way !

The Autotrail has got a manual valve, BUT it also has thermostatically controlled taps on both the shower and the external shower
When we bought it we found that the previous owner had not done a proper drain down and it had ruined the internals of both
Managed to get a replacement shower mixer unit ( £84 retail !!! ,,,, Not that I pad quite that much ) but have yet to source a unit for the outside shower.. No biggy as I will only ever use it for cold water delivery nyway

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back