Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
A helpful person added the following link to a thread recently. there is an orange button on page showing a gps unit. I have downloaded the file which I presume is zipped. Can anyone who is a bit techy help, and advise how i can turn this useful resource into a Garmin file...we live in hope!:)

http://www.areasac.es/v_portal/apartados/apartado.asp?te=4

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
A helpful person added the following link to a thread recently. there is an orange button on page showing a gps unit. I have downloaded the file which I presume is zipped. Can anyone who is a bit techy help, and advise how i can turn this useful resource into a Garmin file...we live in hope!:)

http://www.areasac.es/v_portal/apartados/apartado.asp?te=4
You are correct, it is a compressed file, in rar format rather than zip. The file contains the POIs in the correct formats for a whole range of different Sat Navs.

I'll send you a 'Conversation' with the Garmin file attached.

What model do you have? There is one file labelled for Navman_Garmin & another that says Garmin_GPX. Both files have the .gpx extension. They appear identical apart from a slight difference in the way the date & time is recorded against each record. I don't know what the date & time mean, unless it's the time the record was added to the database, because it's the same on every record.
<time>2014-04-07T18:22:42.000Z</time> for the Garmin_GPX
<time>2014-04-07T18:22:42.921Z</time> for the Navman_Garmin

There is a master .csv file which just has the date in this format:
07/04/2014 20:22:42

There is also a PDF file with the full listing in printable form.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Following on from this,I've just found that Garmin do a piece of software called Garmin POI Loader.One of it's functions seems to be to enable the setting of proximity alerts for custom POI's.
I found this function invaluable on my first Navman-I put on 'all the aires France' then an alert would 'pop up' saying 'Aire in 1km'.
When I changed to Garmin (it was all Halfords in Dover had when the Navman died suddenly) I missed that function.Garmin Support told me no one wanted it,so it wasn't there.
I shall investigate further,or,if anyone knows anything about setting alerts on a Garmin,let's hear from you.:xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back