Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
Just bought a new transit custom trend van to fit out as a campervan, going to do a lot of wild camping and attending rally's . Didn't want a full motorhome as done that, and now want to be able to park in town centre carparks then sleep in the back .

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
A stealth camper I like it,however with fridge vents cassette door etc you won't fool everyone.I don't see the appeal in town centre car parks they're a magnet for drunks,boy racers and courting people in the early hours hardly a good sleep .
You'd be much better tucked up down a side street or somewhere out the way !

Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A stealth camper I like it,however with fridge vents cassette door etc you won't fool everyone.I don't see the appeal in town centre car parks they're a magnet for drunks,boy racers and courting people in the early hours hardly a good sleep .

Vlad
No external vents with an electric only fridge and you can actually do it so that the cassette is taken out via the inside of the van ...

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good luck with your new van, JJ is the king of stealth it can be done very successfully.

OP
OP
cpease

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006

Vlad
I agree , but will probably end up on campsites or somewhere quite, no fridge even

OP
OP
cpease

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
Good luck with your new van, JJ is the king of stealth it can be done very successfully.
We are going to book Chester as soon as the van arrives sat 20th dec, will be good to see you again last met at wrenbury 2 years ago or maybe 3 years time flyers, hope you and Eddie are both well.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
No external vents with an electric only fridge and you can actually do it so that the cassette is taken out via the inside of the van ...
Electric only fridges would not be well suited to town centre wilding!
But I do like the idea of a stealth camper,

Vlad

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I agree , but will probably end up on campsites or somewhere quite, no fridge even
Ah ... you MAY have a problem then ... some campsites will NOT accept vehicles which do NOT look like campers ... seriously they don't ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back