Jan 28, 2014
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 1975
or old man MOT.
passed with a couple of advisories (in VOSA parlance)
Blood sugars at the top end of OK, ldl ok, hdl 5.9, BP 135/85 and RHR of 49.
got the usual 'eat less crap and take more exercise' lecture and see you in 6 months:D

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
CVD?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_vapor_deposition

Chemical vapor deposition (CVD) is a chemical process used to produce high-purity, high-performance solid materials. The process is often used in the semiconductor industry to produce thin films. In typical CVD, the wafer (substrate) is exposed to one or more volatile precursors, which react and/or decompose on the substrate surface to produce the desired deposit. Frequently, volatile by-products are also produced, which are removed by gas flow through the reaction chamber.

Can anyone translate that to english!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Take your pick.

CDV Canine Distemper Virus
CDV Carte de Visite (small visiting card portraits)
CDV Cell Delay Variation
CDV Coverage Driven Verification (circuit design)
CDV Criminal Domestic Violence
CDV Car-Derived Van (UK descriptor for commercial vehicles)
CDV Comcast Digital Voice
CDV Committee Draft for Vote (International Electrotechnical Commission)
CDV Compressed Digital Video
CDV Comité Départemental de Voile (French: Departmental Committee of Sailing)
CDV Cordova, AK, USA (Airport Code)
CDV Core Democratic Value
CDV Clutch Delay Valve
CDV Check Digit Verification
CDV Cooperative Distributed Vision (artificial intelligence)
CDV Concours des Vins (French: Wine Competition)
CDV Capacitor Discharge Vaporization
CDV Comma Delimited Value
CDV Central Drawings Vault
CDV Concept Demonstration and Validation (usually seen as CD/V)
CDV Credit/Debit Vendor
CDV Conseil et Dépistage Volontaires du VIH (French: Voluntary Counseling and Testing for HIV)
CDV Clean Diesel Vehicle
CDV Carma Data Viewer
CDV Cache Delayed Verification...

Oppps.... wrong order CDV

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
whatever it stands for, it's a "pass" so that's got to be good... hasn't it?
I mean - CVD is also Cold Vacuum Drying - been using your new Karcher, SLG?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
cardiovascular disease = CVD

RHR had me thinking - then :doh: Resting Heart Rate.

The figures look good to me except blood pressure a shade high. :)

Dr DBK

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Blood pressure readings made ezee....

The upper figure is the systolic pressure. Put simply, it is the highest recorded pressure as the blood is pushed against the artery walls on heart beat.

The lower figure is the diastolic pressure. This is the lowest recorded pressure as your heart rests between beats.

Blood pressure is the combined result of Heart Rate, Cardiac Output and Stroke Volume.

Of course your BP taken at the arm is not the exact pressure. It's just a convenient way of measuring a mean pressure without drilling into a main artery!

A BP deemed 'normal' in one person, may not be so in others. As a very ROUGH guide, we used to use the fraction 100 + age / 60-80 (minus 10 systolic for a woman). Hence a 20 year old male at rest would have a BP of 120/70. A female of 30 years would be 120/70. Doesn't always work out, just a guide. Hence a resting BP of an 80 year old should not be 180/70!

Best way to check your own pressure is to buy an electronic machine (a Sphygmomanometer) from outlets (like) Lloyds pharmacy, though there are other outlets. Make sure you do it at rest; not after fighting with an errant awning in the wind!

Finally, if you've got two doctors, you've got a row! Assuming you're 60, with a BP of 135/70 one of them will draw air through his teeth and suggest you're at death's door, whilst the other will say you in excellent health!

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
When I had mine in September the sister said I was perfect, but she wouldn't put it in writing for me to show Lynn lol.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
The nurse took mine at the doc's last year, she looked a bit puzzled and then she said I will try your other arm I don't think the machine is working so I said same reading? yes she said 120/60 in both arms.

I have always had a slow/low BP. I asked the Dr once what it meant he just said you will in all probability never die of a heart attack. Comforting though! Does that condemn me to a Long lingering death? LOL

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
A quick one can be arranged - if you would only tell me where the keys to the gun cabinet are!

OTOH my DSN told me once if I wanted to murder someone, where best to inject the insulin to avoid detection! Odd really cos she's usually on your side rather than mine, it seems to me, whenever we've had 'animated discussions' in her office in the past ........

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
or old man MOT.
passed with a couple of advisories (in VOSA parlance)
Blood sugars at the top end of OK, ldl ok, hdl 5.9, BP 135/85 and RHR of 49.
got the usual 'eat less crap and take more exercise' lecture and see you in 6 months:D

HDL 5.9 !!! that is really, really good. That is the one that clears the crap from the body to stop LDL/VLDL from blocking arteries

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
sadlonelygit

sadlonelygit

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 1975
our local surgery sends out the letter along with your 50th birthday cards.
funny thing about it all is they take all your information, pump it into a computer and then ask did your parents have any heart problems (dad had a triple in his 70's and mum died from congestive heart failure) and regardless of your health and lifestyle, that's the indicator they pay most attention to! it doesn't matter that my dad smoked like a chimney, took no exercise, had a fry up every day and drank like a fish.
i know we can't cheat death, but i'd rather not have an algorhythm telling me how long i've got left. a little too like logan's run for me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back