Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A thoughtless tree branch decided to remove the flue top from my 1987 Hymer 660. What use it was to the tree I'll never know.

The hunt for a replaceent started at the Truma stand at the International Caravan and Motorhome Show at the NEC where they gave me a catalogue and a telephone number for Autocraft.

Obviously I needed to know the details of the heater flue and as the van was in Portugal at the time I could not sort it out there and then.

Now in Portugal and with access to the van I emailed Autocraft asking if they could help. No reply. A week later I tried again. No reply.

I "Googled" "Truma Flue Spare Parts" and came up with caravan accessories - boat accessories - motorhome accessories - camping gear - caravan parts - camping equipment - uk - kayaks - canoes - discount wakeboards - water ski shop

They had the spare listed but I made a mistake trying to register on their site and, as it was late in the day, I left it until the next morning.

When I logged on the next morning there was an email from them as they had noticed my failed attempt to contact them and offered help with the process.

I ordered the part and have just been emailed to let me know that it is on its way...

Now where am I going to the next time I am buying stuff?

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
A thoughtless tree branch decided to remove the flue top from my 1987 Hymer 660. What use it was to the tree I'll never know.

The hunt for a replaceent started at the Truma stand at the International Caravan and Motorhome Show at the NEC where they gave me a catalogue and a telephone number for Autocraft.

Obviously I needed to know the details of the heater flue and as the van was in Portugal at the time I could not sort it out there and then.

Now in Portugal and with access to the van I emailed Autocraft asking if they could help. No reply. A week later I tried again. No reply.

I "Googled" "Truma Flue Spare Parts" and came up with caravan accessories - boat accessories - motorhome accessories - camping gear - caravan parts - camping equipment - uk - kayaks - canoes - discount wakeboards - water ski shop

They had the spare listed but I made a mistake trying to register on their site and, as it was late in the day, I left it until the next morning.

When I logged on the next morning there was an email from them as they had noticed my failed attempt to contact them and offered help with the process.

I ordered the part and have just been emailed to let me know that it is on its way...

Now where am I going to the next time I am buying stuff?

Autocraft of course, you cant fool us :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Cheers Jim:Smile:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Damn! Caught out again... and as a magician I thought I had got you there.

PS thanks for correcting my double button press resulting in two identical posts. Tried to delete one myself but failed...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back