Increased Ferry Charges see the link below; (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well I commented on this last week but was assured by certain funsters that it's not right because it was reported in the daily mail;):whistle::)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Well thats three things The Daily Mail got correct that day. Must be loosing their touch. BUSBY:D:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We have had a good run of cheap ferries this last eight or ten years though. I remember back in 2002 paying £160 one way Dover to Calais just for my car. Will still hurt though if the prices go up. BUSBY:crying:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I saw an article yesterday claiming that paper prices (wood pulp products) would go up because of this tax on The Baltic, North Sea and the Channel. It would leave imports from Europe or the rest of the world via the east coast ports at a disadvantage to those coming in in the west coast where this does not apply.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That's pretty well spot on from P&O - could show a slide I gave at a fuels conference last year which said the same about alternative fuels but I used traffic lights instead.

Most shipowners will see a cost increase when trading within the ECA into NW Europe and USA/Canada. Some refiners are producing low sulphur residual fuel but availability isn't great and it in fact is only a little cheaper than distillates. LNG fuels have huge logistic issues as well as massive costs plus cannot be retrofitted, but Norwegian ferries make good use of this as they can make it pay

OP
OP
M
Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
This appears only to apply to vessels operating "within" EU waters as shown on the link , I do not believe that it will apply to many Cruise Ships of Freight and Container Ships that offload at UK ports, Lets have a level playing field on this , low emissions for all entering our waters!

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Lets have a level playing field on this , low emissions for all entering our waters!

Better still, let's pull out of the EU and take back control of our own waters. If the rest of Europe then want to put them selfs at a commercial disadvantage......so be it.

Looks like Boris's ideas are gaining global approval:whistle:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If they had brought it in by 2020 , as the maritime agency wanted it wouldn't have been so bad as many ships would have been replaced with ones using new fuels but the EU insisted on 2015. As usual it is a waste of time just like the Kyoto protocol , if all those like China, India,Russia, etc; are allowed once again to carry on as before whilst the rest have to attempt to trade with all these additional costs.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Nothing wrong with the EU. Every house should have either a MEP or a Commissioner in their house so the sh-- can be kicked out of them.(MEP Commissioner)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back