Super pitch TV (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I have been on site where you could plug your TV aerial into a post and get great reception. Site sold cables was just normal coax and ends at silly money. I have now made my own up and its in van just incase.
Now I see you can also get satellite TV pitches so what do you need here ? Sat box in van and long cable ? I really have no idea to be honest I'm not a big TV van and in our recent 3 week trip didn't miss it. I refuse to pay for TV at home cable or sat services.
But one day I may be on one of these pitches and have the desire to watch the box so like a good boy scout would like to be prepared.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge Paul

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Coax cable with F type plugs....and a sat reciever.

All the are doing is providing a dish and a means of connecting to it....exactly the same as normal tv hookup.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am on one of these super pitches now in Spain. All I have is a lead from the back of the TV into a socket on the van which I plug my extension lead into and hay presto it works. My 80cm Oyster just sits on the roof collecting dust.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Am on one of these super pitches now in Spain. All I have is a lead from the back of the TV into a socket on the van which I plug my extension lead into and hay presto it works. My 80cm Oyster just sits on the roof collecting dust.

Yea, via that cable we get BBC1&2, ITV1&2,Disney, Paramount,Discovery + loads of channels that show brill movies only drawback is the adverts are in Spanish but overall (y)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Micknpat.. Check the audio settings on your TV.
Often if it's an American film there will be an English soundtrack as well as the Spanish one.
Worth a try....

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Micknpat.. Check the audio settings on your TV.
Often if it's an American film there will be an English soundtrack as well as the Spanish one.
Worth a try....
They just said 'adverts' . They'll always be in Spanish.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
like dave said a sat connection on a pitch you dont need a receive just a lead and normally normal coax

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back