goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We have just had the worst storm i have seen in the 27 years i have lived here we have 30 cms of water in living room of our house. Just managed to get the mh to safety last night before the water rose to far. Our grandaughter was trapped at school because all the roads were blocked due to flooding so it was 6.30 before anyone could get there. Camping les praries de la mer has been virtually wiped out but fortunately i have not heard heard of any injuries only damage to property and vehicles. Could be spending a bit of time in mh while the house dries out

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
So sorry to hear of your troubles. Water damage can be awful so I hope you get dried out quickly.

The only good thing is that no one was hurt.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Water damage is bad enough hope you don't get sewage in as well that can be a killer, our thoughts are with you and yours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh so sorry to hear this hope you can get sorted quickly, horrible any time but Christmas coming makes it worse. Glad your grandaughter is alright must have been very worrying.

Hope all goes smoothly getting it sorted.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
We have just had the worst storm i have seen in the 27 years i have lived here we have 30 cms of water in living room of our house. Just managed to get the mh to safety last night before the water rose to far. Our grandaughter was trapped at school because all the roads were blocked due to flooding so it was 6.30 before anyone could get there. Camping les praries de la mer has been virtually wiped out but fortunately i have not heard heard of any injuries only damage to property and vehicles. Could be spending a bit of time in mh while the house dries out
Oh No. Every time I see your posts and the words Port Grimaud I feel warm inside and very jealous.... couldn't believe it when I read your post... I hope everything is ok in the end. I guess it is on the same scale that Venice would be with all the canal roads flooding? Is the square flooded and are the shops? Really hope it soon gets sorted. :(

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Weather is going mad indeed ! I hope you'll get sorted in time before Christmas. I know how things go when the whole town is under the water, insurances are flooded too with papers and appointments!(I'm regularly flooded!)
If you have any trouble being understood , don't hesitate to contact me. I bet your French is excellent, but just in case......! If you need to know what's written in the smallest font size (the most important part of the contract most of the time!!!) , then scan it and send it to me!

I wish you the best, and hope the weather will calm down!

Amicalement

Frankie

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
All the best with the clear up and glad you got the van away in time.(y)

OP
OP
goldenline

goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Weather is going mad indeed ! I hope you'll get sorted in time before Christmas. I know how things go when the whole town is under the water, insurances are flooded too with papers and appointments!(I'm regularly flooded!)
If you have any trouble being understood , don't hesitate to contact me. I bet your French is excellent, but just in case......! If you need to know what's written in the smallest font size (the most important part of the contract most of the time!!!) , then scan it and send it to me!

I wish you the best, and hope the weather will calm down!

Amicalement

Frankie
Hi Frankie
Sorry for the delay in replying but as you can imagine we been quite busy with the clean up, anyway i think we have returned to normality in the house but outside is a bit different and around our area will take a long time. Thank you so much for your offer of help,we have flooded before on the campsite so have experience of insurance. We are intending to do some travelling in the spring arounfd france if we get near your area maybe we will meet
Kind regards
Janice & Alan

OP
OP
goldenline

goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Good morning, sorry for the delay in replying but we have been quite busy with the clean up. We just wanted to thank you all for your kind wishes Unfortunately things are worse than we first thought there is 1 person dead and 3missing including an 8year old girl.
The photo is of the local newspaper and was taken just aroun the corner from where we live.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 50
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Frankie
Sorry for the delay in replying but as you can imagine we been quite busy with the clean up, anyway i think we have returned to normality in the house but outside is a bit different and around our area will take a long time. Thank you so much for your offer of help,we have flooded before on the campsite so have experience of insurance. We are intending to do some travelling in the spring arounfd france if we get near your area maybe we will meet
Kind regards
Janice & Alan

It's good to hear from you, and even better to know you managed some tidying. It will take time, especially for memory to wipe it all!
About the insurance, I happen to know a person (being one of my previous toddler's Mum) who works with different insurances and can put a file on top of the list if you happen to be with one of the insurers she is working with. I know she must be overbooked at the moment but I have all the private phone numbers and e-mail addresses to contact her if necessary. It doesn't mean she'll be able to help but let's say it's a good card to have in one's pocket as we say in French.
I was supposed to be away this week end in my motorhome , but again ....... something wrong happened! So I'm at home and you can call here anytime.

Weather has been awful here too but this time not rain enough to flood my place....

Take care

Amicalement

Frankie:)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Here is a link to the damage caused by the weather.
Wow !

Palavas and Beziers, we were enjoying the sunshine there 6 months ago. Where we pitched and walked in Palavas is all under water. It was a lovely town.

Where we parked at the 9 locks in Beziers, it's way up a hill, what was the bottom like ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back